OT: Video Game Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Aaaand we’re on the board with a win in the 3rd game.
ive only watched a little but it seems like original WZ with tiered armor and tons of people talking...am I wrong?

oh cant forget about even worse looting

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
ive only watched a little but it seems like original WZ with tiered armor and tons of people talking...am I wrong?

oh cant forget about even worse looting
I thought the looting was going to be awful but it’s actually not a problem. The backpack was a little confusing at first but I think I got it now.

Otherwise, it feels like original WZ but also different. Slower, less health (the high tier armor just gives you as much as you had in OG WZ), bigger map, and other stuff I need to get used to. I’ve only played maybe 6 or so games so far, so I can’t really say too much about it.

It’s definitely weird to be playing solos and suddenly have a random child screaming Spanish in my ear or some middle aged guy talking to his wife. I don’t think most people even realize proximity chat is on.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
DMZ is alright. Reminds me of the ah hell im drawing a blank. Game has a pvp zone called the dark zone. Post apocalyptic New York.
Wish I could get two people that knew what they were doing on my squad.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Think it’s designed to be played casually. Why I love it, that and very free to play friendly.

If you’re at that stage of the game, you’re gonna love Moon Girl.
I’m at 163 collection level. I have not come across her yet.
Without attempting to try it, I’m trying to figure out if a carnage + Wolverine and such hand could work out well or if it would be too card draw order defendant.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I’m at 163 collection level. I have not come across her yet.
Without attempting to try it, I’m trying to figure out if a carnage + Wolverine and such hand could work out well or if it would be too card draw order defendant.
Depends on what type of deck you want. Destroy gets insanely good in pool 3, you’re in late pool 1. I will say that pool 3 makes Wolverine inefficient because there’s better options, but he’s a good Destroy deck option for the stage of the game you’re at. Squirrel Girl too with Carnage is another good pool 1 combo. You can also use Hulkbuster on Wolverine then Carnage Wolverine and have a boosted Wolverine come back in play. That’s another good pool 1 combo for them. Moon Girl duplicates your hand so her and Devil Dino are a top combo up through pool 2.

I’m still unlocking pool 3 cards so that’s my focus but I’ve discovered delicate combos dependent on draw pulls is fine. You can play a tech/counter deck or whatever that isn’t combo dependent, but there’s incredible combos out there. Ranking up gets to be a lot like poker insofar that ranking up requires retreating when you have a bad hand or you see your opponent ready to secure the win and you snapping when you’re ready to win or have a good hand.

Reactions: Lord Defect

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Is there really no hardcore? Want to get it but no hardcore is no go for me

Also, just finished ghost of Tsushima and miles morales. f*** those two games (plus fallen order) might be my favorite all time for ps5 so far. Any other solo player refs like those would be a;predicated

Have you played Assassins Creed Valhalla? That and Ghost of Tsushima are my favorite games in recent years…probably since RDR2. Miles Morales was good but super short.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Think I might start Deathloop on the weekend.

What's the "random player invades your game" element like?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Grabbed Terra Invicta from the steam sale. It seems like a fun mix of The Expanse and Crusader Kings. You take over a faction on earth immediately first contact with an alien species is made.

Seems fun, but holy f*** the learning curve is incredible. It makes Crusader Kings feel like a Total War game.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Grabbed Terra Invicta from the steam sale. It seems like a fun mix of The Expanse and Crusader Kings. You take over a faction on earth immediately first contact with an alien species is made.

Seems fun, but holy f*** the learning curve is incredible. It makes Crusader Kings feel like a Total War game.

I was looking at that one too lately, and figured it would probably be overwhelming in some ways!

It's developed by the same folks who made the Long War of the Chosen mod for XCOM 2. And that mod adds so much in terms of mechanics, systems, enemies, and classes to the game. It's almost a different game.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have no idea why I waited so long to try Vampire Survivors, but that was definitely a mistake. Great, simple roguelike.

You can even try the free simplified browser version before buying it, but the game is $5 on Steam.

Reactions: Hakroach

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Made a new thread because this is over 1K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad