Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Have the two Jacobses on hand for the first time in who the hell knows how long.

Don't ask about the Garden's ice plant and the building's bullshit slush surface.

Yeah, the media here asks the hard questions.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
@WhalerTurnedBruin55

Sorry thread was closed before I got this in

I went to DC today and they had a zillion centers on the ice in the two sessions

Guys they drafted Friday
Poitras
Spicer
Locmelis

Guys they signed as college FA 3 months ago
McLaughlin
Merkulov

Guys they drafted last summer
Harrison
Gasseau

Guys they drafted 2019 & 20
Beecher
Duran
Mantykivi
Schmaltz

And a bunch of invites

Their were centers everywhere

And if you really need a second lime center you could have flipped a 5th rounder for Ryan Strome - heck you could get both Strome brothers

Last year it was Granlund floating around

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I haven't watched the whole video, but he seems pretty direct and to the point in his answers. Doesn't seem to expound as much as Cassidy. Nothing wrong with either style, just an observation.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
@WhalerTurnedBruin55

Sorry thread was closed before I got this in

I went to DC today and they had a zillion centers on the ice in the two sessions

Guys they drafted Friday
Poitras
Spicer
Locmelis

Guys they signed as college FA 3 months ago
McLaughlin
Merkulov

Guys they drafted last summer
Harrison
Gasseau

Guys they drafted 2019 & 20
Beecher
Duran
Mantykivi
Schmaltz

And a bunch of invites

Their were centers everywhere

And if you really need a second lime center you could have flipped a 5th rounder for Ryan Strome - heck you could get both Strome brothers

Last year it was Granlund floating around
So you trade a 5th for Strome than the QO is...what near 4-4.5mil? Not sure about this move

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Sweeney, everytime he's force to mention how tight he his against the Cap... he's always on the defensive saying " a lot of teams are " saying I'm not alone here there's others too... why comparing himself with the ones who have problems managing the cap... compare yourself with the best ones Don, then you'll realize how a shitty job you have been doing.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Sweeney, everytime he's force to mention how tight he his against the Cap... he's always on the defensive saying " a lot of teams are " saying I'm not alone here there's others too... why comparing himself with the ones who have problems managing the cap... compare yourself with the best ones Don, then you'll realize how a shitty job you have been doing.

Wish someone asked him if he thought his money was well spent last season and if he was disappointed at all in the return he got from some of them.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Charlie and Sweeney saying that they are a cap team and they spend a lot of money on free agents is correct. The aggravating thing is the money is spent wrong. I don't expect Sweeney to say he f*d up free agency last year but if he thinks that money is being spent wisely then things will not get better regardless of them being a cap team.

And in a non-direct way I got the feeling that he said that he knows that he f*d up the 2015 draft.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Yes, they spend to the cap.
They SHOULD spend to the cap.
The organization has been able to avoid being labeled “cheap” ever since Jacobs got his salary cap. Granted, you can still call them out for things such as the quality of the ice surface and such.

Sweeney talks a good game. That man could talk in circles around a question.

Cam, not so much. Cam squirms up there and you can tell he doesn’t enjoy being put on the spot.

I thought Charlie handled himself well.

It was said in another thread that one wishes that this presser had been focused more on Montgomery. But I think we all get the picture that Montgomery’s tenure will be basically linked to Sweeney, and the decision to move on from Cassidy.

The key question in this press conference was “What can you squeeze out of this group that the other guy could not?”.

Isn’t that just it? The narrative that Sweeney spun is that they left something on the table against Carolina. I don’t buy it. I believe they were exactly what I thought they were-one and done. But the proof will be in the pudding, won’t it? Year one, you’ll be able to chalk a slow start up to injuries, but if you’re a believer in what they’ve built here, don’t you need to win not just a round, but multiple rounds within the next two seasons?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
@Fenway regarding your comment in the other thread about the Bs winning only after they went outside for a GM:

This is what truly baffles me. I have a hard time believing they have forgotten everything they learned after the lockout debacle forced them to clean house. It's like they suffer from some form of amnesia. They've completely reverted to form as if the Chiarelli era never happened. I don't get it.

:dunno:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Fenway regarding your comment in the other thread about the Bs winning only after they went outside for a GM:

This is what truly baffles me. I have a hard time believing they have forgotten everything they learned after the lockout debacle forced them to clean house. It's like they suffer from some form of amnesia. They've completely reverted to form as if the Chiarelli era never happened. I don't get it.

:dunno:
Simple answer.

In 2015 after Chia was fired Jacobs brought Harry back

1657580663083.png

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I wish somebody asked Montgomery if his coaching approach will get Foligno to put the puck in the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad