Post-Game Talk: Victory!!! Habs beat Wild 4-1! Cakes is Delicious!!

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I'd switch Pap and Gally... And hey what do u know? That gives us the same lines (minus bourque) we had when we went 7-1.

OMRB you said they Galch-Plek-Pap stopped producing... They went 2-3 games without producing after going ppg for the first 7-8 games.. Hardly a reason to separate them.

Yeah, mostly though, and it is being noted by the media ect. is that what would most likely benefit us most, is some line-up stability.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Yeah, mostly though, and it is being noted by the media ect. is that what would most likely benefit us most, is some line-up stability.
You got MT all wrong. He breaks up lines when they're doing well and the team is winning and sticks to them when the team is losing and the lines look terrible.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Do people evet hold Plekanec accountable for anything?

Its not a coincidence that Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Parenteau (before being removed from this line) have struggled producing points playing next to Plekanec

I've been saying this for a few years now and always been criticized for it, but Plekanec has trouble finding chemistry with players...

I'd get the EGG line back together and play Plekanec in more of a defensive role with Sekac and Prust..

I agree.,

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Everyone complaining about lines!

IT is clear to me that our best line set up is what we used

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Parenteau

Galchenyuk - Plekanecs - Gallagher

Prust - Eller - Sekac

Weise - Malholtra - Moen

I agree with you. All top 3 lines scored at least one goal. Balance is the key to success.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Missed the first half of the game, where Price kept them in it...but when I did get to see the last half of the game, the lines, all 4 of them seem to be skating well, and Eller's line was great!!
Glad we had some finish around the net, and the win in regulation hopefully will give them some confidence...big week coming up...

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Does anyone know where I can watch this game? PLEASE...HELP!!:laugh::(

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You got MT all wrong. He breaks up lines when they're doing well and the team is winning and sticks to them when the team is losing and the lines look terrible.

And he does this for no reason at all other than sabotage his own team.

The guy just wants to force MB to fire him so he can collect a paycheck making up scouting reports. What a jerk ! And the entire team, all the assistant coaches and the GM they all let him do that ! They're all in on it ! The players are the worse in all of this because they enable Therrien by continuing to win hockey games. How dare they be complicit in this atrocity !?

A protest.. a protest in front of the Bell Centre is what we need. I know you love protesters in front of the Bell Centre. ;)
Me and you Andy, let's go protest tonight. #FireEveryone

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Do people evet hold Plekanec accountable for anything?

Its not a coincidence that Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Parenteau (before being removed from this line) have struggled producing points playing next to Plekanec

I've been saying this for a few years now and always been criticized for it, but Plekanec has trouble finding chemistry with players...

I'd get the EGG line back together and play Plekanec in more of a defensive role with Sekac and Prust..

I'd leave the Eller line for the moment but yeah you're right about Pleks. I'm always shocked at his stats by the end of the year because shift to shift a lot of the time he'll disappear and to me isn't an ideal top 6 center. He generates most of his offense from the rush but has virtually no puck possession game. But yeah most of the time he just doesn't seem to gel with his linemates. Maybe he picks it back up but his style of game just seems more suited to the 3rd line where he'll still get 20 goals anyways.

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
Thoughts:
Prust played his best game in the last two years.
The fourth line plays far too much.
Plekanec doesn't look as good when he's not shooting 50%.
The fourth line took 5 ozone faceoffs. Why? I don't know.
That Gallagher goal is why shot attempts are good. Most of the time that's probably not a goal but even then it might be a rebound or even an offensive zone faceoff. (for wich we will send the fourth line for whatever reason)
On Sekac's goal, Eller waited till Sekac was in front of the net to send him the puck, most of the times he does that nobody gets in position for a good shot, Eller sends it to the point/tries to do everything by himself and ends up losing the puck and everybody ends up saying he has no hockey sense.
I love Nathan Beaulieu.
The Habs actually had the advantage in shot attempts when the fourth line wasn't on the ice.
I also love Jiri Sekac.
Prust was good but I also want to see Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac because it would probably rule. Also I'm still kinda mad about Therrien getting all fancy during the Buffalo game and have Prust taking Bournival's spot and Pacioretty double shifting on the fourth line instead of just double shifting him on the third line.
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac also has some hilarious potential in terms of "the Habs outshot the opposition by X with line Y on the ice bench, got outshot by Z with line Y on the bench" stats after games.
Carey Price is kinda good.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Love Beaulieu....you could see him stick his chin out like OH YEAH? then proceeded to whup Veilleux. Love the fire. Reminds me of Whitey except way more talented.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Thoughts:
That Gallagher goal is why shot attempts are good. Most of the time that's probably not a goal but even then it might be a rebound or even an offensive zone faceoff. (for wich we will send the fourth line for whatever reason)
On Sekac's goal, Eller waited till Sekac was in front of the net to send him the puck, most of the times he does that nobody gets in position for a good shot, Eller sends it to the point/tries to do everything by himself and ends up losing the puck and everybody ends up saying he has no hockey sense.
I love Nathan Beaulieu.
The Habs actually had the advantage in shot attempts when the fourth line wasn't on the ice.
I also love Jiri Sekac.
Prust was good but I also want to see Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac because it would probably rule. Also I'm still kinda mad about Therrien getting all fancy during the Buffalo game and have Prust taking Bournival's spot and Pacioretty double shifting on the fourth line instead of just double shifting him on the third line.
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac also has some hilarious potential in terms of "the Habs outshot the opposition by X with line Y on the ice bench, got outshot by Z with line Y on the bench" stats after games.

Fantastic post. I was wondering about the O zone 4th line starts myself. Dead on about Eller too. Everytime he has a decent linemate he actually makes things happen and then people call him inconsistent when he's playing with junk.

On a game to game basis I see Eller do more than Pleks most of the time.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Only change I'd make is Weise for Prust.
He'll bring some more speed and grind to that line, but IMHO Prust played very well starting at the mid way point.

On Bealieu's fight. Ya he wasnt looking for anything, until Vermin stepped up to him. Nat is a crazy mofo and fights like a jack rabbit. If you can't punch as fast as him, I'd avoid him. Kid has a mean streak.

I like it :handclap:

Saintpatrick*

You ever think he puts players there to get Pacioretty going? Or to help Pacioretty?

Why is it always favoritism?

You guys are crazy if you think Therrien isn't trying to win, as mediocre of a coach as he is.

If he really wanted to get patches going he'd try him with one of the 4 other centers. There's a reason why he's attached to the hip of Therrien's Lil buddy which is the same reason why he tries just about every winger who's playing well and that's to get DD going.

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
anyone else knew Brolieu would beat the **** out of the first guy he would fight ?Such a great fighter , he has that in the blood.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Thoughts:
I love Nathan Beaulieu.
I also love Jiri Sekac.

Nice...
Were you at the game too? We are certainly NOT maximizing our roster potential.
MT apparently doesn't have the logistics capabilities to double shift on a third vs a fourth.
He is also incapable of getting Chucky icetime when we run into penalty troubles.
Pac or even Chucky with Eller-Sekac would slay if given time to set.
The fourth line OZ starts were a head shaker and they found themselves back in the D zone each and every time except for one shift late in the game after Minny had mailed it.
The fourth line was dominated the entire game MT continued to roll 4 and Yeo was able to get Granlund out against them on multiple occasions. (Had me scratching my head)
I'm not pleased with much of what I see but I realize I'm trending contrary to most. ;)
Habs Rule

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Love Beaulieu....you could see him stick his chin out like OH YEAH? then proceeded to whup Veilleux. Love the fire. Reminds me of Whitey except way more talented.

I like beaulieu but he's not in white's class and I'd prefer if our young pmd kept the mitts on instead of dropping them against the likes of veilleux who fights like once a year.

Let him focus on what he does best, fighting isn't on the list.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
anyone else knew Brolieu would beat the **** out of the first guy he would fight ?Such a great fighter , he has that in the blood.

I had a strong inkling. This is one of the reasons I've been insisting on his insertion in the line-up. Not only does he skate like the wind, but unlike a lot of PMDs (someone like Nygren, if I can speculate), he is difficult to intimidate, with good reason. This quality allows him to play with more of an edge than otherwise. He has a lot of tools in his toolbox.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Forget all the systems and player management for a second.

You know there is a clear confidence issue when the team has trouble completing a simple pass under no pressure. It has been driving me nuts for a couple weeks now.
Hopefully, that 3rd period helps the habs feel good about themselves, to the point where those simple passes don't feel so difficult anymore. It would certainly help for limiting the blatant turnovers imo, and at least try to possess the puck.

That's one of the most infuriating thing to watch. How many times could they have made a pretty tape to tape pass but decided to use the fricken board instead (don't know how many times the puck bounced over the players' stick yesterday). It got better as the game progress but that's something that they do have to correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad