Post-Game Talk: Victory!!! Habs beat Wild 4-1! Cakes is Delicious!!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Amazing news, overlords alive and well, displaying his fashion sense at the Habs game tonite :nod:

B19_xXcCYAA4NLQ.jpg

(closet Flyers fan?)

Fluorescent Wife Beater: $30
Mr. T Starter Kit medallion: $15
Front Row Seats on Pointu's jersey retirement night: $800
Looking like a ****** on national TV: Priceless

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He was also very good in the regular season with us, and very good for all the teams he played for prior to joining the Habs.

Now, you tell me, what has the higher odds of being the outlier here?

Plus, having him at 6,5M would give us 3 very potent lines, rather than being forced to put Weise or Prust on the 1st or 3rd line.

The point is moot, however, since I don't think Vanek was interested in staying to begin with.

Vanek linked to a lack of interest? You don't say?

The guy is a more talented bourque in the regular season then he becomes the anti bourque when the chips are down.

I'm glad he didn't want to resign here, by far the best thing he ever did as a hab.

What is the basis for this live of lazy talent guys?

Saintpatrick*

Any time he's on a line that is producing, it gets taken apart... He looked great with Parenteau, but Davie wasn't producing.

Anyone have a video of Beaulieu's fight?

This is what I hate about Therrien the most. He dismantles lines that are working, puts those players with Patch and DD to get DD going. The constant favoritism is just maddening.

Vanek linked to a lack of interest? You don't say?

The guy is a more talented bourque in the regular season then he becomes the anti bourque when the chips are down.

I'm glad he didn't want to resign here, by far the best thing he ever did as a hab.

What is the basis for this live of lazy talent guys?

Can't stand lazy players couldn't stand Vanek. Also don't buy it when people say he's the reason why we made the playoffs last year.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This is what I hate about Therrien the most. He dismantles lines that are working, puts those players with Patch and DD to get DD going. The constant favoritism is just maddening.
You ever think he puts players there to get Pacioretty going? Or to help Pacioretty?

Why is it always favoritism?

You guys are crazy if you think Therrien isn't trying to win, as mediocre of a coach as he is.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Any time he's on a line that is producing, it gets taken apart... He looked great with Parenteau, but Davie wasn't producing.

Anyone have a video of Beaulieu's fight?
That line stopped producing too.

It's funny.. people always say DD gets the best wingers when he has them. But next week Gallagher will be back there and people will be like.. this if ****ing ********. Blatant favoritism. DD always gets the best wingers!!!!!

I liked Galchenyuk with Parenteau too, it's actually Plekanec I don't like him with anymore. Which is why I've been pushing PATCH-PLEK-GALLY, CHUCKY-DD-PAP

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
You ever think he puts players there to get Pacioretty going? Or to help Pacioretty?

Why is it always favoritism?

You guys are crazy if you think Therrien isn't trying to win, as mediocre of a coach as he is.

Those things are not mutually exclusive, nor does one justify the other.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Call me crazy but aside from the win and Eller/Sekac unleashed and Price with some crazy saves, not much else to cheer about.
Bad transition game overall. I don't think that Galchenyuk received a decent pass all night and little to no scoring chances. Yes I know, 4 GF tonight and a better effort then the Buffalo game but still I'm not satisfied.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
My second game at the Bell Centre this year 2-0 with the new Chuckie jersey :nod: first was at home opener. Had seats right behind Price, was first time I was right behind him like that, watching his reflexes from that view is insane, first period he held us in there with a few great saves, would have been a different game if not for him.

The Eller Sekac line looked good, thank god for MT having the brilliant idea of putting #26 back in the lineup, we were all really wrong about Bourque deserving to be there. :sarcasm: Hopefully we've found some solid chemistry on that line so that we can sustain some more offensive zone pressure on all our lines. It gave the first two lines some momentum as the game went on.

The DD line is hard to watch at times, a whole lot of lazy going on there. DD just has never impressed me with his reads when I've watched him live but he did make a really good drop pass to Parenteau in the third that lead to Patches goal. He can be good on the rush but the rest is all meh.

Chuckie played aight, the puck just wasn't following his stick a lot of broken plays when he tried to get his feet moving, but you can see he's got elite in him even when he's not putting up points.

Oh yeah was right next to the Beaulieu fight, he looks mean when he drops the gloves :laugh:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Chucky just doesn't jive well with Gallagher and it's apparent. I would definitely put PAP back there.

We really need to design more transktion events that involve Chucky. He plays better the more he touches the puck but since Gallagher has been there he just hasn't been getting it as much.

As far as the beaulieu fight goes.. What I saw was Haula slash price after the whistle.. Beaulieu cross checked Haula (appropriate play) and them Veilleux took exception and got smoked.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Chucky just doesn't jive well with Gallagher and it's apparent. I would definitely put PAP back there.

We really need to design more transktion events that involve Chucky. He plays better the more he touches the puck but since Gallagher has been there he just hasn't been getting it as much.

As far as the beaulieu fight goes.. What I saw was Haula slash price after the whistle.. Beaulieu cross checked Haula (appropriate play) and them Veilleux took exception and got smoked.

That's how I saw it as well. Beaulieu treated him like a frat boy in Strathroy!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Do people evet hold Plekanec accountable for anything?

Its not a coincidence that Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Parenteau (before being removed from this line) have struggled producing points playing next to Plekanec

I've been saying this for a few years now and always been criticized for it, but Plekanec has trouble finding chemistry with players...

I'd get the EGG line back together and play Plekanec in more of a defensive role with Sekac and Prust..

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Everyone complaining about lines!

IT is clear to me that our best line set up is what we used

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Parenteau

Galchenyuk - Plekanecs - Gallagher

Prust - Eller - Sekac

Weise - Malholtra - Moen

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

That's how I saw it too. Beaulieu did the right thing.

The most hilarious thing I've read here is someone saying the coach should have divined that Beaulieu was gonna start trouble and sat him... what? Number one, it's a good thing to be the aggressor every now and again. This is not midget 3A here. They aren't little kids that have to be sat for their own good. Number two, Beaulieu mostly responded to what Haula did. And other teams have a tendency to push our players around and us doing nothing about it. Especially Price getting roughed up happens all the time and it's sickening to watch the lack of response at times. Veilleux probably thought that Beaulieu would just shy away. Good on Beaulieu for teaching Veilleux what's up. We need more of that.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Gallagher is just flying the zone while Chucky hangs around to make sure we actually clear it.
That's what happens when you play too long on the exploitation train.
He needs a good stint with Eller to get his sense of reality back.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

That's what I saw too.

Also, Veilleux skated across half the rink to get to Beaulieu and he wanted the typical hockey fight where they clutch each other's sweater and take turns at trying to land a punch. You could see that Veilleux was reaching for Beaulieu's sweater.

Nate wouldn't have anything of that. He went straight for the punch. Surprised Veilleux. And now there are Hab fans claiming Beaulieu is a head case. You gotta wonder about some fans.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Like i said when Got back from the game...
Nice to see some of that Northern Ontario Nasty.
Someone should have popped Pominville earlier in the game for running Price.
We'll learn.

Oh and if Nate's a headcase let's go out and find a few more just like him.

Last edited:

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Like i said when Got back from the game...
Nice to see some of that Northern Ontario Nasty.
Someone should have popped Pominville earlier in the game for running Price.
We'll learn.

Oh and if Nate's a headcase let's go out and find a few more just like him.

exactly man! +1

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Everyone complaining about lines!

IT is clear to me that our best line set up is what we used

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Parenteau

Galchenyuk - Plekanecs - Gallagher

Prust - Eller - Sekac

Weise - Malholtra - Moen

I'd switch Pap and Gally... And hey what do u know? That gives us the same lines (minus bourque) we had when we went 7-1.

OMRB you said they Galch-Plek-Pap stopped producing... They went 2-3 games without producing after going ppg for the first 7-8 games.. Hardly a reason to separate them.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008

The galleys played well with Eller, maybe they need a different centerman.

Analyzer*

Anyone pining for the drunken leader of Team Austria needs to get their head checked. Would rather take a chance on Semin and I don't even like Semin.

Yeah.... No. You take Vanek over Semin.

Semin is terrible and softer than Vanek.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Only change I'd make is Weise for Prust.
He'll bring some more speed and grind to that line, but IMHO Prust played very well starting at the mid way point.

On Bealieu's fight. Ya he wasnt looking for anything, until Vermin stepped up to him. Nat is a crazy mofo and fights like a jack rabbit. If you can't punch as fast as him, I'd avoid him. Kid has a mean streak.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The galleys played well with Eller, maybe they need a different centerman.

They did but Gallagher has changed a bit as a player since then. He didn't control the puck as much in his rookie season. Now he tries to be the guy entering the zone and trying to make a pass. That role should be Galchenyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad