Player Discussion Victor Mete: Part III

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Great prioritization. Outbid the market on Alzner. Then nickel and dime Radulov, and claim there's just only so much cap space for them.
Habs didn’t Jets and another team offered more as reported by many of the talking heads and even Alzner himself iirc

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What's not debatable is that it was wayyy too much money, and that money could have been used to bring radulov and Markov back.
Fair point but it would’ve been idiotic to give gimp knees anything more than a 1-year deal which he absolutely wanted or 8-years which Radulov was reportedly seeking to stay in Mtl.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Just what kind of drugs do NHL GMs take on July 1st holy f***

You're talking about GM's of a league who had to restrict contracts to 8 years because they were too dumb to realize that 15 years contracts were idiotic under a salary cap.

GM's who give 8 years $9M to diminutive one-dimensional snipers who are not even PPG nor had more than 40 goals in a year.

I'm more surprised that Alzner turned down bigger contracts because he thought Montreal was a better chance at winning than Washington???

Reactions: Habs13

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
You're talking about GM's of a league who had to restrict contracts to 8 years because they were too dumb to realize that 15 years contracts were idiotic under a salary cap.

GM's who give 8 years $9M to diminutive one-dimensional snipers who are not even PPG nor had more than 40 goals in a year.

I'm more surprised that Alzner turned down bigger contracts because he thought Montreal was a better chance at winning than Washington???

I think Alzner was just being polite when he said those things about Montreal after signing with them. His last year in Washington was awful, and I don't think the Caps had any intention on signing Alzner to anything close to the contract the Habs/Jets/whoever offered him. It's either that the pro scouts around the league were doing a horrendous job or that the GMs had a brainfart/were pressured by the owner on UFA day throwing a shitload of money just to get a big name defensive dman. Or both. And this happens practically every year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hope we call up Fleury soon.

Already tired of seeing Mete skates fast to no man’s land or a weak shot in the logo.

Whatever Mete's potential, we're not going to see how low or high it is in his first game back after sitting for a long time. We'll see where he's at for sure, since Chiarot is out a fair bit.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I think Alzner was just being polite when he said those things about Montreal after signing with them. His last year in Washington was awful, and I don't think the Caps had any intention on signing Alzner to anything close to the contract the Habs/Jets/whoever offered him. It's either that the pro scouts around the league were doing a horrendous job or that the GMs had a brainfart/were pressured by the owner on UFA day throwing a shitload of money just to get a big name defensive dman. Or both. And this happens practically every year.

Washington was done with Alzner. They were better after he left. At least it only took the habs a year or two to realize he couldn't play top 4.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Games were too late for me this week and was quite busy and didn't get to see a single highlight, what injury did Chiarot have and what were the pairings afterwards? I imagine Duch didn't break-up Ed-Petry? Where were Rama and Mete used?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Games were too late for me this week and was quite busy and didn't get to see a single highlight, what injury did Chiarot have and what were the pairings afterwards? I imagine Duch didn't break-up Ed-Petry? Where were Rama and Mete used?

Chiarot hurt his hand punching a helmet, looked like his pinky finger. Edm-Petry, Romanov Weber. Mete was used with Kulak but I didn't see all the flames game. The Nucks game where Chiarot got injured may have been the Habs best game this season, they looked great.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Chiarot hurt his hand punching a helmet, looked like his pinky finger. Edm-Petry, Romanov Weber. Mete was used with Kulak but I didn't see all the flames game. The Nucks game where Chiarot got injured may have been the Habs best game this season, they looked great.

Of course it's great that we looked good against th Canucks. But any potential lessons from that game are going to have to be tested out against a variety of opposition and playing styles. We're 5-0-2 against them. We're 5-7-5 against the rest of the division.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Of course it's great that we looked good against th Canucks. But any potential lessons from that game are going to have to be tested out against a variety of opposition and playing styles. We're 5-0-2 against them. We're 5-7-5 against the rest of the division.

And more importantly against the rest of the league. We are currently 16th in the league. Not like we are playing in a super strong division either ...

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal

Wasn't ol' Lolzner a healthy scratch during his final games as a Cap, in the playoffs? Yet we still gave him that contract. Amazing really.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-3-13_21-6-41.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad