Injury Report: Victor Hedman cleared for contact, could return as early as 11/29/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Main division's rival (Boston) now has their #1D is gone for the same amount of time. Their D is in shambles - getting rid of Boychuk now proves to be a mistake. I think we are better prepared to lose Hedman than Bruins are losing Chara. #depth

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Main division's rival (Boston) now has their #1D is gone for the same amount of time. Their D is in shambles - getting rid of Boychuk now proves to be a mistake. I think we are better prepared to lose Hedman than Bruins are losing Chara. #depth

Well they had to get rid of somebody to fit under the cap, growing pains were to be expected when they started to rely on Krug and and Hamilton.

But yeah our #depth is unbelievable :laugh:

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Thinking it will be more like four weeks from the date of injury. Unless the finger was completely blown out in an open fracture, it should be on the short side of that 4-6 week window to heal. Athletes usually have treatments that accelerate the process, too (bone-growth stimulators, etc), so I would expect him back before Thanksgiving. Again, though, it depends upon how severely the finger was injured.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I hope he comes back as good as before the injury. It was a joy to watch him as he finally was cementing himself as one of the true premier defensemen in this league.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I don't really know who this guy is but if he's right...

Matthew Drowne@DocMD17
Victor Hedman on the ice this morning #tblightning

...that's great news.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Read that the cast was off today at practice (he was watching).

hedswatch_zps6a6bcd21.jpg

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
:laugh:

You're the best new poster I've seen in a while.

Well, thanks! I figured I'd make a Kucherovian, first shift, first shot, first goal type of impression here. ;)

Really, though, it's easy to let loose and have a good time with an easy-going, fun-loving group like this one. You've all been very welcoming and encouraging, which is completely awesome. Don't ever change. :D

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Well, thanks! I figured I'd make a Kucherovian, first shift, first shot, first goal type of impression here. ;)

Really, though, it's easy to let loose and have a good time with an easy-going, fun-loving group like this one. You've all been very welcoming and encouraging, which is completely awesome. Don't ever change. :D

Stop posting please.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Per Joe Smith

Jon Cooper says that there will be a while until Hedman is back, maybe early December.

Hedman says that he is feeling better and have started skating and is aiming to beat the six weeks mark. Says "you never know"

(I can't quote on my phone but they are on twitter)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad