Player Discussion Victor Antipin - Sports.Business-gazetta speculates he is going back to KHL

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I'm not so sure I believe his billed height of 5'11" or his weight at 179...he looks like Glotov could bench him for reps. :)

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I'm not so sure I believe his billed height of 5'11" or his weight at 179...he looks like Glotov could bench him for reps. :)
Sad that VG's overseas for the summer. I want to see a B&G on Antipin & Glotov discovering Buffalo.

Jammerz04

Apr 8, 2011
He's not as good as Zaitsev, but I think he's like a more robust Thomas Hickey. Great pickup for your team if true. He's the second best D for Magnitka and instrumental to their current playoff run.

How do you know this? A lot of analysts have compared his talents to Zaistev.

Jammerz04

Apr 8, 2011
UFA 2017

Updating my earlier post and correcting with info from @Djp and others (I omitted Brycen Martin and Devante Stephens - thanks).

Need 8 D-men capable of >25-30 NHL games per season, IMO. Sabres went 12 deep in D-men last season. Most seasons 10-11 different players isn't unusual.

Need 4-6 2-4 open slots filled of 12-14 total BUF/ROC organizational slots available. I assume a couple ROC slots may be AHL-only deals. Not listed in depth or pairings

RHD
1. Risto
2. Bogo
3. Antipin (note: LHD but will play right side)
4. _____ (Franson or his replacement)
5. Nelson
6. _____

LHD
7. _____ (NHL caliber acquisition/signing)
8. McCabe
9. Gorges
10. Falk
11. Guhle
12. Brycen Martin
13. Devante Stephens (has a 4th year of Jr. eligibility, I think)
14. _____ (Brady Austin - I assume he will be qualified - or his replacement.)

b_g opinion: Need minimum 2 NHL caliber d-men, one each side. Prefer 4 d-men total, including AHL-only deals.

There's no way Bogosian is ranked above Antipin. He's just an awful defenseman.

Right now the lines look like IMO anyways

Antipin - Ristolainen
McCabe - Bogosian
Gorges - Nelson
Falk

We need a miracle and get rid of Bogosian.

If we do get a top LHD then Antipin would play RHD on the second unit.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Antipin - Ristolainen
McCabe - Bogosian
Gorges - Nelson
Falk

Antipin plays the right side

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Antipin - Ristolainen
McCabe - Bogosian
Gorges - Nelson
Falk

in the post you quoted I said I wasn't ranking them (although there is a loose ranking, obviously)

======
I've seen a couple interenet sources claiming ROC signed Florentino this spring for "1 year" for "the 2017-18 season", but I see no way that makes sense becasue I thought contracts run from July 1 through June 30th. Woodhouse's maintained asset table lists expiry as 8/15/17, but I assume that was his draft rights. Maybe it is possible to sign AHL deals to different term/windows than NHL deals? Maybe some clarity from Sabrefan27 or dotcommunism or someone else?

So, depending on Florentino's true status, and whether Brady Austin is qualified, it seems like the Sabres/Amerks org needs 2 NHL-caliber d-men, minimum, and then anyone else is gravy.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
in the post you quoted I said I wasn't ranking them (although there is a loose ranking, obviously)

======
I've seen a couple interenet sources claiming ROC signed Florentino this spring for "1 year" for "the 2017-18 season", but I see no way that makes sense becasue I thought contracts run from July 1 through June 30th. Woodhouse's maintained asset table lists expiry as 8/15/17, but I assume that was his draft rights. Maybe it is possible to sign AHL deals to different term/windows than NHL deals? Maybe some clarity from Sabrefan27 or dotcommunism or someone else?

So, depending on Florentino's true status, and whether Brady Austin is qualified, it seems like the Sabres/Amerks org needs 2 NHL-caliber d-men, minimum, and then anyone else is gravy.

Florentino is signed to an AHL SPC for the 2017-18 season. To be clear, he finished this previous season with Rochester on an ATO.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Updating again for Florentino, & thanks this time to dotcommunism ("it takes a village...")

Need 8 D-men capable of >25-30 NHL games per season, IMO. Sabres went 12 deep in D-men last season. Most seasons 10-11 different players isn't unusual.

(Still) need 4-6 2-4 open slots filled of 12-14 total BUF/ROC organizational slots available. I assume a couple ROC slots may be AHL-only deals. Not listed below in depth or pairings:

RHD
1. Risto
2. Bogo
4. _____ (Franson or his replacement., i.e., a necessary NHL org. depth signing)
5. Nelson
6. Anthony Florentino
7. _____ (a hopeful org. depth signing)

LHD
8. _____ (a necessary NHL caliber acquisition/signing)
9. McCabe
9. Gorges
10. Falk
11. Guhle
12. Brycen Martin
14. _____ (Brady Austin - I assume he will be qualified - or his depth replacement.)

b_g opinion: Need minimum 2 NHL caliber d-men, one each side. Prefer 4 (or more) d-men total, including AHL-only deals. Prefer 2 each side.

Given the current 49 pro contracts in the org, unless / until there are trades made, this list seems static until the expansion draft on the 21st. (??)

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
If Housley or Boughner is coach, I think Bogo could actually turn his game around. I don't think he was used right. Look at what a guy like Burns has said about Boughner.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Updating again for Florentino, & thanks this time to dotcommunism ("it takes a village...")

(Still) need 4-6 2-4 open slots filled of 12-14 total BUF/ROC organizational slots available. I assume a couple ROC slots may be AHL-only deals. Not listed below in depth or pairings:

RHD
1. Risto
2. Bogo
4. _____ (Franson or his replacement., i.e., a necessary NHL org. depth signing)
5. Nelson
6. Anthony Florentino
7. _____ (a hopeful org. depth signing)

LHD
8. _____ (a necessary NHL caliber acquisition/signing)
9. McCabe
9. Gorges
10. Falk
11. Guhle
12. Brycen Martin
14. _____ (Brady Austin - I assume he will be qualified - or his depth replacement.)

b_g opinion: Need minimum 2 NHL caliber d-men, one each side. Prefer 4 (or more) d-men total, including AHL-only deals. Prefer 2 each side.

Given the current 49 pro contracts in the org, unless / until there are trades made, this list seems static until the expansion draft on the 21st. (??)
I would flip Martin and 14. Martin doesn't seem to have a future here, and I think we should shoot for someone with more experience for Rochester. Also I think Falk will end up as the extra in Buffalo so we need a 2nd pairing LHD down there.

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
Antipin has to be ecstatic that Housley is the coach, probably couldn't ask for a much better mentor as an offensive defenseman

Hard to believe he signed here when Bylsma was the coach

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Antipin has to be ecstatic that Housley is the coach, probably couldn't ask for a much better mentor as an offensive defenseman

Hard to believe he signed here when Bylsma was the coach

Bylsma and Murray were fired 4/20/2017

Antipin signed on 5/25/2017

ForsakenSabre

Save Us MIttelstadt
Jan 31, 2013
Buffalo
Didn't know where else to put this...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXgM7-nghq0/

Antipin did a Q&A and said he will be wearing number 93. Also he spoke to Ror already and likes the city and team so that is why he signed with buffalo.

He said he would answer more questions tomorrow so you might be able to ask any yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad