Confirmed with Link: VGK sign D Jimmy Schuldt (St Cloud Huskies)

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

Selected as he feels it's the best fit for him

He probably figured with Brannstrom gone, Engelland likely gets one more year at most, and has seen Miller and Holden play defense that he has a real shot towards making the roster in a year or two. Then again McPhee seems to hate playing rookies. It was different last year when everyone expected the team to suck so playing Tuch and Theodore to give them experience seemed like the smart thing to do. But now GMGM seems paranoid about letting a rookie potentially making fatal plays on a team expected to contend for awhile.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He probably figured with Brannstrom gone, Engelland likely gets one more year at most, and has seen Miller and Holden play defense that he has a real shot towards making the roster in a year or two. Then again McPhee seems to hate playing rookies. It was different last year when everyone expected the team to suck so playing Tuch and Theodore to give them experience seemed like the smart thing to do. But now GMGM seems paranoid about letting a rookie potentially making fatal plays on a team expected to contend for awhile.

Then why did Bischoff make the opening night roster?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The scratch was Turk's. Sending him back down was gmgm's

Bischoff and Whitecloud definitely should have seen a game this season. And someone else with Schmidt out...but that's ancient history.

VGK have been pretty lucky with injuries on the backend this season. Usually teams have to make callups even with great depth like Merrill, Hunt and Holden.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Habs fan checking in, Just saw his assist, was a nice pass! But wanted to know without being biased how was his overall game, little bummed he didn't pick us!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Habs fan checking in, Just saw his assist, was a nice pass! But wanted to know without being biased how was his overall game, little bummed he didn't pick us!

The kid seems a little softer than advertised, but shifty and daring in the offensive zone. Good, accurate shot and great offensive instincts. I really like his offensive potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad