Confirmed Trade: [VGK/NYR] Brett Howden for Nick DeSimone and 2022 4th round pick

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
With the right coaching and development, Howden has the potential to be a serviceable bottom 6 forward who puts up 15-25 points a season and can be a decent PKer. Don't think he'll amount to much more than that, even with a change of scenery/systems. A bit overrated because of his size and draft position.

What's the scouting report on DeSimone?

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
What’s all the commotion about?

Its just for 2 weeks of his rights before free agency.

If the press are stating that some teams will offer Goodrow 6 years he will either get that (lol) from NYR or will go to free agency.

Tampa did well to get something for his rights.

Reactions: bernmeister

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Thank you all for the ringing endorsements. At least with these low expectations the only place to go is up. And if it means Reaves is gone it's an improvement by default.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I thought Nick DeSimone was in San Jose’s organization how did he end up in a Vegas-NYR trade.

Something doesn’t sound correct about this deal.

San Jose sent him to Vegas at the trade deadline for a 5th.

DeSimone is nothing special - he's an older career AHL player who has regressed since his peak two years ago. I'd be surprised if he has any sort of NHL future.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
First thought - Nick DeSimone sounds like one of the most Nu Yawk sounding names out there, he should fit right in...

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Since we were willing to let Howden go free to Seattle, and because our previous coach over used him and he very much failed his expectations with regards to what he was thought to be when we acquired him, NYR fans have a slightly exaggerated dislike for Howden. He’s an adequate - not good, but adequate - 4th liner who works hard, kills penalties and is young enough to still improve some. He has shown to be an offensive black hole so far and has a lot of brain farts. He’s fine on your 4th line, especially if you have 3 good lines above them.

Reactions: Maliks PlusMinus

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Howden needs AHL time. Quinn has really hurt Howden's career and now he needs a restart. Give him major minutes in the AHL and hope he can find some confidence in himself again. He's been one of the worst NHL players for two years now. His confidence is shot.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Thank you all for the ringing endorsements. At least with these low expectations the only place to go is up. And if it means Reaves is gone it's an improvement by default.

He's all effort with nothing to show for it. I had a couple of "Howdens" on a soccer team I used to coach. Whenever one of my more skilled players started cutting runs short or half-assing it on defense, I would sub the out for a "Howden." When the skilled player went back in, the effort was back where it needed to be. They are useful players to have around, but won't really be difference makers. GREAT players to have in a practice environment. If Howden is your 13th forward, he should be useful in a limited way.

Reactions: Gospel of Prospal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes