Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Nolan Patrick re-signs with the Golden Knights (2 years, $1.2M AAV)

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He's definitely not irreparable. Being away from the game for a full year is going to hinder the development of anyone. It's no guarantee, but I hope he does well.

Definitely, he'll need to completely rebuild his game and confidence from nothing. It's possible he rebounds, he just probably won't.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I don't get this deal from Patrick's camp. I would have leaned to just accepting qualifying on the 1yr contract at ~$900K. Any decent 3rd line level performance then lands you well above $2m going forward.

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs
Wish him good health and good luck to keep it. Two year cheap contract is great for him, he got his chance to be mediocre but back on track this year and maybe good again next year. Leading in extension, late bloom miracle and finally brutal bashing of the worst Flyers GM in history named Fletcher for making only bad trades and signings in infamous summer of 2021.
However, no matter how young and talented he is - from what I've seen last year, there is still bigger chance he is going to become a typical injury plagued journeyman bust and Fletcher actually managed this particular one well.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I don't get this deal from Patrick's camp. I would have leaned to just accepting qualifying on the 1yr contract at ~$900K. Any decent 3rd line level performance then lands you well above $2m going forward.
Guaranteed 2.4 million dollars instead of guaranteed 900k.

Maybe he's concerned about his own issues as well. Could really go either way, he bounces back, he just postpones that 2M+ AAV another year, or he fizzles out and he's in Europe making a fraction of that. Could also easily be somewhere in between that.

Nice safety net for him, low risk, high reward for both sides.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont

Maybe he's concerned about his own issues as well. Could really go either way, he bounces back, he just postpones that 2M+ AAV another year, or he fizzles out and he's in Europe making a fraction of that.

I certainly understand that logic. My scenario could cost him $1.5m in the next 2 years if he never played in the NHL again after this season. Obviously I can't claim to know his level of concern for his own health but it is a scary prospect that could be the primary motivator here. We will see how it plays out. Wishing him the best of health.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Vegas somehow gets every RFA(that haven't quite yet broken out) to sign 2-year extensions. Whitecloud, Roy, Kolesar, Coghlan, now Patrick. Patrick got around 500k more AAV than the others.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Maybe he's concerned about his own issues as well. Could really go either way, he bounces back, he just postpones that 2M+ AAV another year, or he fizzles out and he's in Europe making a fraction of that. Could also easily be somewhere in between that.

Pretty much this. He's coming off a year he couldn't do anything followed by a real poor season.

This deal gives him a bit of financial security and a bit of runway to build up his game without the pressure of needing to perform instantly in order to get another contract.

He does well these next two years and he has arb rights a year before UFA so it sets him up well to capitalize if he gets back on track.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They acquired Dadonov and re-signed Janmark for a year because Tuch is out for the majority of the season. They need more scoring on the wings in his absence. I believe that Vegas was very close to signing Danault, but Los Angeles ponied up an extra year, so they went for Plan B in some Alex Tuch insurance. I wouldn't be shocked if one of Dadonov or Janmark, probably the latter, is traded when Tuch returns from LTIR.
I know the why of filling roster holes but why Dadonov? The dude has proven he needs an elite 1c to be productive and he slots into our historically streaky third line at a 4m dollar cap hit. Where his set up centers will either be: Nic Roy who is likely past the point of a surprise breakout, a reclamation project in Nolan Patrick, or rookie Peyton Krebs. Hardly a Barkov to be found in that group.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He should've been a prime offersheet target instead of guys like KK.

you must be kidding or never mind . How much would you offer sheet him ? How many years ? Then review the compensation chart in case Philly doesn’t match .

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
you must be kidding or never mind . How much would you offer sheet him ? How many years ? Then review the compensation chart in case Philly doesn’t match .
Not sure if anyone told you this but he's not on philly anymore...

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he turns it all around in Vegas, next contract is a solid one if he rips it up.

He's a solid hockey player though.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
This guy deserves good things, I really hope he can stay healthy and get back on track. As a Devils fan I was already rooting for him when he was a Flyer, so it's gonna be really easy now that he's on the west coast.

pooch

May 30, 2017
Good for him. I had high hopes for Patrick. I hope he can turn it around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad