Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Nolan Patrick re-signs with the Golden Knights (2 years, $1.2M AAV)

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Good to see it get done, he's got enough of a challenge as it is he doesn't need a late start with a new team.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Could be the best value contract in the league if he can keep it together.

Reactions: banks

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He should've been a prime offersheet target instead of guys like KK.

Unfortunately, Patrick’s health has derailed him from achieving his potential. KK is as strong as a bull and healthy — that has to weigh into the equation when dismissing him in favor of a player who has had significant health concerns.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Interesting to see what gymnastics they use to fit the team under the cap. For the life of me I still can't understand why they acquired Dadonov.

Reactions: JKG33

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Interesting to see what gymnastics they use to fit the team under the cap. For the life of me I still can't understand why they acquired Dadonov.

They acquired Dadonov and re-signed Janmark for a year because Tuch is out for the majority of the season. They need more scoring on the wings in his absence. I believe that Vegas was very close to signing Danault, but Los Angeles ponied up an extra year, so they went for Plan B in some Alex Tuch insurance. I wouldn't be shocked if one of Dadonov or Janmark, probably the latter, is traded when Tuch returns from LTIR.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He should've been a prime offersheet target instead of guys like KK.
A guy like KK was a prime offer-sheet target because he was pissed at his team making him more likely to sign another team's offer.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a GM willing to gamble picks and future cap on Patrick. There's a lot of uncertainty there.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
A guy like KK was a prime offer-sheet target because he was pissed at his team making him more likely to sign another team's offer.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a GM willing to gamble picks and future cap on Patrick. There's a lot of uncertainty there.

And Montreal was the only club out there that was truly vulnerable to one. Carolina had a Brian Burke-proof excuse to send one Montreal's way. The "unwritten GM handbook" essentially gave them permission to do that.

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Only a 2nd round pick for anything up to 4M and Vegas will be hard pressed to match 4M.

Reactions: HabsQC

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Good contract for both sides.

I know Vegas are high on him, but i can't stress enough how broken he looked last year. He's got it in him to bounce back, but he didn't even begin to improve as the year went on.

You're higher on him than me. He's horrible. Irreparable. Full Stop.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Good for Patrick...and VGK. This could work out well for both parties in the short-term; but I'm glad it's not my team hoping Patrick can bounce back. He looks like the shell of a former top-pick. Lots of risk (and need) for this to work out, and frankly, I'll be shocked if it does.

If this signals the beginning of the slow demise of Vegas, I'm all for it. f*** that team.

Reactions: Fatass

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Only a 2nd round pick for anything up to 4M and Vegas will be hard pressed to match 4M.
Who has nearly 4 million to blow? Rebuilding teams probably don't want to trade a 2nd for player with that much concern, especially for a 1 year deal that won't help them advance anywhere. Other teams don't want to spend near 4 million when they might need some cap later on in the season towards the trade deadline.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Patrick was a high pićk, but doesn’t look to be a top player. Has Vegas drafted well enough to stay a top team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad