Claimed off Waivers: [VGK] Knights claim Malcolm Subban (BOS)

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
Don't exactly get why Vegas is doing this, they have Fleury and Pickard in the NHL already and Subban has to go back on waivers to be sent down to the AHL. Maybe they have a trade coming involving Pickard?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They will probably just send him down, yes that means they will have to place him on waivers again but nobody will pick him up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
They will probably just send him down, yes that means they will have to place him on waivers again but nobody will pick him up.
Boston will. If he's going to play in the AHL it's going to be for Boston. They aren't going to just give a free asset to play for another AHL team. GMGM understands this. This claim isn't for him to play in the A.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Pickard to the Leafs maybe for a forward? Leivo? He'd be better than McBackup
I'm thinking Calgary. They've been linked to Pickard before. Their goaltending has looked as disastrous in the pre-season as it has ever since Kipper left. Something around Pickard and a defenseman for Brouwer and a pick is my bet.

Reactions: Cquant

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
they do need a 3rd goalie in the AHL as there's just Dansk and Lagace with the Wolves. It's worth a shot to claim him and send him down.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I understand why Vegas is doing this, he's a talented goalie. But the best thing for him would have been to have a good year in the AHL. If he gets shelled a few times in Vegas, his confidence is going to be shot.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm thinking Calgary. They've been linked to Pickard before. Their goaltending has looked as disastrous in the pre-season as it has ever since Kipper left. Something around Pickard and a defenseman for Brouwer and a pick is my bet.

Calgary could be a good fit too. But Brouwer probably has negative value. Pickard and a D would be the most valuable pieces in that deal.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I understand why Vegas is doing this, he's a talented goalie. But the best thing for him would have been to have a good year in the AHL. If he gets shelled a few times in Vegas, his confidence is going to be shot.
How would Vegas get him in the AHL?

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
what's the rulebook say about claiming a player you waived, and waiving a player you just claimed?
Vegas could waive him if they want to sent him to Chicago but I think they'd to offer him back to Boston first. If that happened (And I understand the process correctly) Boston could reclaim him and then send him to Providence as planned without sending him back through waivers for a third time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad