Claimed off Waivers: [VGK] Golden Knights claim D Tobias Bjornfot off waivers from the Kings

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
that's what NYR fans hoped re Emberson
It's not remotely comparable. He got claimed by SJ. They have no one.

VGK is a contender. Once their blueline is healthier they won't be keeping Bjornfot around anymore.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
lol...l love ppl on here who have not even seen him play, but its a big win....good luck with that.

He's not very good, very vanilla, too soft
I doubt he ever becomes a regular in the NHL.

Good luck Toby!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It's not remotely comparable. He got claimed by SJ. They have no one.

VGK is a contender. Once their blueline is healthier they won't be keeping Bjornfot around anymore.

I could see them keeping him up as the warm body - even though on a fully healthy Vegas blueline he’s behind Korczak and probably Pachal (which puts him 10th in the line, to your point…he’s not even close to being near their line-up without an injury crisis), can’t those two be sent down without waivers?

Pie, Shea, McNabb, Martinez, Hague, Whitecloud, Hutton are the seven going nowhere. Tobias as the warm body 8th bench guy?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I could see them keeping him up as the warm body - even though on a fully healthy Vegas blueline he’s behind Korczak and probably Pachal (which puts him 10th in the line, to your point…he’s not even close to being near their line-up without an injury crisis), can’t those two be sent down without waivers?

Pie, Shea, McNabb, Martinez, Hague, Whitecloud, Hutton are the seven going nowhere. Tobias as the warm body 8th bench guy?
I guess? But if guys like Pachal et al perform better than Bjornfot they're not going to care at all about waiving him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I guess? But if guys like Pachal et al perform better than Bjornfot they're not going to care at all about waiving him.

Agreed. He’s got a short window to show something. Wonder if the Knights could stash him with Henderson without the Kings reclaiming him?

People got lathered up when the Knights got another youngish former 1st rounder for free in October in Denisenko and managed to send him down the next day…the Panthers were like “nah we good”.

But probably this goes the way of Fagemo.

Reactions: kingsfan28

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
lol...l love ppl on here who have not even seen him play, but its a big win....good luck with that.

Good luck Toby!

You never know what an opportunity or change can and will do for a player. I mean wasn’t everyone saying Quick was done?

Reactions: chris kontos

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Good luck Toby!
If theres a team that can handle a soft defender.... Its Vegas. Their defense is ... truculent.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021

unless he can play the right side and kill penalties they won't keep him over pachal

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Every now and then a guy hits waivers that shouldn't. Bjornfot is soft and might never be something, but he shouldn't be hitting waivers yet.
He belonged to the Kings. That's the way they do things put young prospects on waivers. Only Rob Blake. Hope he kills it.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Björnfot might be "bland and vanilla" but technically so was Lidström. Obviously no comparisons in terms of talent level but i feel like the Kings might regret this.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Björnfot might be "bland and vanilla" but technically so was Lidström. Obviously no comparisons in terms of talent level but i feel like the Kings might regret this.

What? Rookie Lidström came into Detroit and was the best d-man offensively. Very flashy.

If you mean later, I wouldn't agree with you but I understand somewhat of what you mean.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
First Benoit, now Bjornfot, who's the next solid young-ish D starting with a B who's given up on for nothing by a Cali team?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Toby would have to actually put an effort in to even be on the same practice ice. Kings won't regret it at all. He had the spot all but handed to him in camp, and did nothing with the chance. 5 years of the same with him. Do not let the 1st round status fool you.
Hope he figures it out someday.

Reactions: funky

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Not saying they are similar in style but Bjornfot seems to be trending in the same direction as former 1st rounder Jacob Larsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad