Claimed off Waivers: [VGK] Golden Knights claim D Tobias Bjornfot off waivers from the Kings

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Toby would have to actually put an effort in to even be on the same practice ice. Kings won't regret it at all. He had the spot all but handed to him in camp, and did nothing with the chance. 5 years of the same with him. Do not let the 1st round status fool you.
Hope he figures it out someday.
Not true. McLellan said during either a B&W episode or the preseason miniseries that the roster was pretty much determined going into training camp.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I feel like we always hype up waiver claims but I honestly cannot remember the last mind blowing waiving claim.

Not mind blowing but Amadio is still a third line starter in Vegas three seasons on and was great in a depth role on the Cup run. Seattle picked up Tolvanen on waivers.

I'm not saying Bjornfot will still be on Vegas in a month. He probably won't.

I think to your point, the top end of good scenarios for Bjornfot would be he establishes himself as a third pairing/7th D for a Cup contending Vegas team that maybe has some depth D injuries and could try to establish himself from there the next season as a third pair regular.

But he is probably just back on LA's AHL team in a month or so.

Reactions: Guitpik

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Not mind blowing but Amadio is still a third line starter in Vegas three seasons on and was great in a depth role on the Cup run. Seattle picked up Tolvanen on waivers.

I'm not saying Bjornfot will still be on Vegas in a month. He probably won't.

I think to your point, the top end of good scenarios for Bjornfot would be he establishes himself as a third pairing/7th D for a Cup contending Vegas team that maybe has some depth D injuries and could try to establish himself from there the next season as a third pair regular.

But he is probably just back on LA's AHL team in a month or so.

The thing with Amadio is he was waived by 3 teams, including the Sens before finding a spot in LV. He was not that player in LA where he started.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Playing very apprehensive in his debut with Vegas tonight. Clearly being outperformed by Lukas Cormier, making his NHL debut.

His time in Vegas likely won’t last long, as they start getting their dmen back. Maybe they’ll keep him as a 7th if they don’t get everyone back, but knowing Cormier provides so much more, with the way he can move the puck, he’d likely play over him, if it came to playing long term.

He’s almost playing scared to make a mistake, and we know how that usually turns out.

Reactions: LAKings88 and funky

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
for me it came down to do we want Bjornfot or Englund on that third pairing .. and well one of them fights and one doesnt ... and our team needs all the toughness it can get .. hated to lose toby to waivers but pretty sure we will just get him back like the Fagemo waiving that our fan base cried about and bashed blake and co .. but just ended getting him back .. haha

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
for me it came down to do we want Bjornfot or Englund on that third pairing .. and well one of them fights and one doesnt ... and our team needs all the toughness it can get .. hated to lose toby to waivers but pretty sure we will just get him back like the Fagemo waiving that our fan base cried about and bashed blake and co .. but just ended getting him back .. haha

YEah it's 4d chess to keep depreciating your assets until they run into waiver eligibility instead of giving them a chance seeing what you have and getting anything at all for all your 1st and 2nd rounders

rob blake masterclass is in session

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
YEah it's 4d chess to keep depreciating your assets until they run into waiver eligibility instead of giving them a chance seeing what you have and getting anything at all for all your 1st and 2nd rounders

rob blake masterclass is in session
Simple question who would you rather have on the ice Toby or Englund?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad