PTO: [VGK] F Max Comtois signs PTO with the Golden Knights (released)

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
If he can make the team with all the competition for bottom 6 spots I wouldn't be surprised if he scored 40+ points in a third line role. Almost every bottom 6 guy the Knights have signed or traded for has come in and played above expectations.

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
I have this bad feeling that this is going to finally light a fire under his ass, he'll come into camp in shape and get back to his previous form.

Reactions: Kimota

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I have this bad feeling that this is going to finally light a fire under his ass, he'll come into camp in shape and get back to his previous form.

Couldn't care less. He was never going to be that player for the Ducks. Good for him if he turns it around, but it's clear he lacked the motivation without a come-to-god moment and hopefully this is it.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
It would have been wild based on how he was tracking from 2017-18 through 2020-21, but the last two seasons have been a massive letdown. He looks to be unmotivated, out of shape and hasn't consistently contributed in any way. The Ducks were frequently scratching him in favor of AHL guys and made it clear it was due to MC's effort.

Sounds like Nick Ritchie.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Seemed like his trajectory was pretty good ages 18-21 but I don't know what happened the last couple years.

Looks like the type of player who always gets another chance until proven that a change of scenery does nothing.
To be fair, this is his first ever change of scenery.

Reactions: bert

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
All I can remember about Comtois is from the WJCU20 tournament when was just a cheap-shotting POS with numerous Crosby-level flops

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Yep some similarities there for sure. Ritchie perhaps a bit more frustrating based on draft position and being far more undisciplined, but both are their own worst enemy without a doubt.

Even worse is the fact that he has pretty high potential when he actually cares. Real missed opportunity to be this generations Tom Wilson, and yes I do mean that. Has a small stretch where he shows his talent, following by a long stretch where he literally doesn’t try and makes a bunch of undisciplined penalties making him a liability too

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The only thing stopping him from being an NHLer will be his own desire.

His skillset is good, even very good. But he was a sulky little low-effort bitch for a PWF on the Ducks. This will be make or break for his career, needs to show up. He looked like he was skating harder in our roller leagues than he was in the NHL.

Reactions: MMC

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Frankly, this guy lacks the desire to work to get better. It's crazy to imagine as a dude who earns a pittance compared to even a bottom-6 player. Perhaps he has rich parents (playing hockey as a junior means he has them).

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Frankly, this guy lacks the desire to work to get better. It's crazy to imagine as a dude who earns a pittance compared to even a bottom-6 player. Perhaps he has rich parents (playing hockey as a junior means he has them).
FWIW, Comtois hustled pretty hard for Vegas in the pre-season, but just never seemed to fit in and there really wasn't a spot open for him in the first place since Cotter and Dorofeyev were known quantities going in, i.e., Comtois would have had to impress beyond the norm to make his way onto the Knights, and though he tried hard enough, it just wasn't in the cards for him.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With h8m being up there is games. I don’t recall AHL rules on vets and how many you can dress. That could factor in who signs him to an AHL contract

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I absolutely hated him at the Jr's. Just acting like an asshole the whole time and I couldn't believe he was captain for Canada with such shit behavior.

Having said that... I'm in shock that he's not currently in the NHL and thought he'd become a strong NHLer. Maybe he still will.

This one is surprising to me (yes, I know there may be another unspoken reason too). He's an NHLer to my eye.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I absolutely hated him at the Jr's. Just acting like an asshole the whole time and I couldn't believe he was captain for Canada with such shit behavior.

Having said that... I'm in shock that he's not currently in the NHL and thought he'd become a strong NHLer. Maybe he still will.

This one is surprising to me (yes, I know there may be another unspoken reason too). He's an NHLer to my eye.

He has the toolkit to be a useful top 9 forward in the NHL. It all comes down to his mental game - just can't seem to consistently get his work ethic to a level that will satisfy an NHL coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad