Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Colin Miller (4 years, $3.875M AAV)

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Nice contract for a good defenseman. If he can learn to use his frame better, I think there is a lot of potential there. Very mobile and offensively gifted.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
His playoff performance was cringeworthy, at least in the Finals. The amount of flopping and looking at refs was unbecoming of an NHLer. Which is unfortunate because he has plenty of talent.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Love me some Miller time! This is just this side of a "hometown" discount, I think. It means a lot when guys buy in.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Great deal. Really wanted to have Dubas work his magic to grab him.

now that you mention it

Sometimes I can't tell if he's good or bad when I watch him. Anyone else?

I'm suspect on him being some I can rely on in top minutes. He's got talent and a helluva shot though.

You're right. He really needs to work on his reads and he has a knack for taking himself out of the play to go for a hit, but offensively - man, that shot is a beauty. Maybe he's partnered with McNabb next year (although McNabb is possibly a product of Schmidt).

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Spent a lot of time on the ice against the Capitals in the playoffs. It was fun to watch him try to sell penalties lmao

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Great deal he will put up 50+ this year . I hate that DEAN gave him up along with Jones and a chance to grab Connor , Barzal Boeser , Debrusk for 1 year of Lucic . Jones was also traded for a first

Miller is a gamer great underrated player

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Vegas' 0% state income tax rears its head again. Solid signing.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So this buys 3 UFA years? That makes the deal even better although I would have gone for longer term and a slighty bigger caphit if I was Vegas but excellent deal either way. Really wanted the Oilers to "buy low" on him prior to last season, he always seemed like a prime breakout candidate with more icetime.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Theo is probably a little mad at how cheap Miller signed!

But i guess he is younger and VGK may wanna do the 7 year thing at 4.5 ish?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad