Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CHI] Brandon Pirri for Dylan Sikura

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
wow I'm surprised Pirri returned an OK prospect. I was expecting him to get moved back to Chicago either via Rockford or back to the Wolves via Carolina. He really likes it there apparently.

And to OP: oh, you.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Freakin' sweet trade.

tumblr_ogh8wmPnem1rfd7lko1_400.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
For a second there, wasn't everyone thinking Brandon Pirri would take a massive leap forward into being a top 6 talent

Reactions: Morrison

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Such a cute trade. This is like the side order of fries to your Big Macs and Double Quarter Pounders to enjoy between the bites of the main course.

Reactions: Morrison

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I was expecting him to get moved back to Chicago either via Rockford or back to the Wolves via Carolina. He really likes it there apparently.

That was my first thought as well. For those who weren't aware, Vegas' AHL squad is moving to Henderson this upcoming season. I'd be curious if Pirri had quietly asked for a move to stay in Illinois.

Edit: Found this article from 2018 - Older and wiser Brandon Pirri still pushing for NHL

As always, Pirri spoke honestly. But now, he does it with a different perspective. He was 19 years old when he signed his entry-level deal and began his pro career. He was just a few years older than that when #freepirri took off. He’s now 27 with a home, a wife and a three-month-old child.

“Obviously getting married, having a kid, that changes a lot,” Pirri said. “When I was in Rockford, I was a kid. I was fortunate to play pro hockey really early. I certainly feel like I needed a little more maturing moving forward, but I was fortunate to be in a pretty good spot for a while and grow my game, so when I did get an opportunity in the NHL I was ready. I enjoyed my time there.”

Whatever happens, Chicago will be Pirri’s home at the end of the day. He and his wife Elyse, who is from Highland Park (suburb of Chicago), have settled down in the city.

“I love this city,” Pirri said. “This is home now. It was fair for as a family to decide this was going to be home, be close to her parents in the summer. She’s been all the support I wanted and needed. This makes sense.”

Wouldn't be surprised if Pirri made a request / Vegas did him a favor by not uprooting him.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What a f***ing terrible trade

Hawks trade away a younger player with potential to carve out career in longrun for a player who is absolute trash and has done nothing to win over any coach with his half assed efforts

Hawks should have been able to get a better asset then this for Sikura or should have just held onto him as cheap extra forward instead of bringing back a bum in Pirri

f*** Pirri , Morin and Hayes brothers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad