GDT: VGK @ Buffalo game 3 12PM - Naked Lunch Edition

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Bisch needs to draw in for Merrill. Clearly the offensive effort is there but the team is a bit snake bitten. But defensively...oooooof. But that's not just the defenders, the forwards need to pick up the slack. So far Vegas is playing like Anaheim in terms of team defense and that's a really bad team to emulate right now.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
How about reforming the 4th line from last year when Tuch returns? I understand Nosek deserves a promotion but it played so well together,

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
Too early to draw further conclusions but on ice IT SEEMS like vegas is much slower than the previous season. Last season they generated offense effortlessly it seemed. But, better wait at least 10-15 games for now to see stats etc.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
  1. I'm not happy with the defense. Everyone wants to be like Burns/Erik Karlsson and the actual defense isn't working at all. Last year they did a lot of practice with getting out of the D-zone fast and it worked absolute wonders. Engelland didn't lose us anything, but he didn't look good.
  2. I'm not happy with the offense. 1st line is trying bit too hard, ending up with low quality passes and shots. 3rd line is cursed: Nosek needs quality to his plays and Lindberg need a lot more everything. Reaves has played well, but the lack of defense and speed... it falls on Bellemare. Carrier is playing really nervous and trying too hard (for a good reason I guess).
  3. Fleury has done his job. There hasn't been a single softie so far (even the Scandella goal was a quite hard one). Still, a few miracle saves could have helped there...

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Too early to draw further conclusions but on ice IT SEEMS like vegas is much slower than the previous season. Last season they generated offense effortlessly it seemed. But, better wait at least 10-15 games for now to see stats etc.
I think losing Perron really hurts. He fought for possession and cycled the puck well. Losing Neal hurts a little less but he was always a scoring threat, demanding coverage. Nosek is in over his head, and Tuch might not have too much luck either. Need that veteran savvy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad