News Article: Vezina Trophy: Ben Bishop

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's really only Bishop's first yr in the league as a starter, I'm guessing that maybe next yr some shooters will have figured him out. I doubt he has as good a yr next yr as this yr because of that & a potential sophmore slump. He has tendencies & he has some large holes in his game to cover which I think snipers will figure out. We'll see.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We traded Bishop in April

2013/04/03
Ottawa Senators traded Ben Bishop to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Cory Conacher and a 4th round selection in 2013.

NHL introduces new division names with schedule on Friday, 07.19.2013

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=678456

So, my question is was it possible to avoid it? And would it have been worth it to trade him to the West for a worse package?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We traded Bishop in April

2013/04/03
Ottawa Senators traded Ben Bishop to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Cory Conacher and a 4th round selection in 2013.

NHL introduces new division names with schedule on Friday, 07.19.2013

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=678456

So, my question is was it possible to avoid it? And would it have been worth it to trade him to the West for a worse package?

Didn't we at least know that there were talks of realignment before that date though?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Also, what is fun was the GDTs (and other random threads) when Bishop was playing for the Sens and how we got fleeced by St-Louis with that 2nd rounder...

This board never fails :laugh:

Didn't we at least know that there were talks of realignment before that date though?

No idea and that's why I'm asking to see if the argument is in hindsight or not.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Also, what is fun was the GDTs (and other random threads) when Bishop was playing for the Sens and how we got fleeced by St-Louis with that 2nd rounder...

This board never fails :laugh:

No idea and that's why I'm asking to see if the argument is in hindsight or not.

Here is an article from march 15 that talks about the realignment:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...w-divisions-drawn-to-ease-time-zone-conflicts

So it does look like Murray traded Bishop to a team that he knew very well would be in our division once the new season started.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00