Vezina

• Bishop

• Vasilevskiy

• Other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Bishop has way better stats(SV% and GAA), with only 5 less games, playing behind a worse team.

Bishop not close.

They need to play more games, because 45-50 games should not be enough.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
And Khudobin and Bishop don't ?
close, but Bishop does have a better SV% and more GP (478 more min = 8 GP)

Lehner and Greiss have virtually the same GP, SV%.... and plus we know that Trotz is the main reason for their success

Last edited:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Bishop had a chance to steal it down the stretch considering Vasi's slow down lately but he's been injured. No way he can catch him now.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Bishop has only started 44 games this year. I doubt he even gets nominated.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Vasi has locked down top in the league in wins despite his lower start #. That's going to be a big mark in his favor.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Winning a Vezina with 45-50 games is weak, regardless of the stats. I dont know how you can be the best overall goaltender when you dont play 40% of the season.

Of these two, its a coin flip. Vasilevsky has more wins and five more games on Bishop. Bishop has better stats, and doesnt play on a juggernaut.

Close.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Every TB fan vote is a homer vote (meaning we love Bishop too).

I think I'd go with Bishop though. If Vasy had played 60 games, it would be different, but I don't think that margin, the extra GP, is enough to ignore Bishop's stats. I remember well what it was like to have Bishop carry a team to wins.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Posted this a while ago, but going back to 2002 (and maybe even quite a bit before that, I only went to 2002), only one goalie has gotten a top-3 finish when playing in fewer than 53 games and that was Kiprusoff in 2004 with 38 games played. He finished second that year. The closest thing since then with such limited games played was Dubnyk in 2015 with 39 games for Minnesota coming in third, but Dubnyk also played 19 games for Arizona that year, so all in all he played in 58 games that year. But he had that insane stretch with Minnesota, which might have even given him that spot, even if he hadn't played 19 games for Arizona that year. Remember, this is for 82 game seasons only and not including the lockout shortened 48 game season in 2013.

Vasilevskiy is currently at 53 games played, Bishop is at 45. Not sure if Bishop plays the finale or if he's even healthy enough to play, but that would give him 46 games. I expect Vasilevskiy will probably sit for the season finale, but I'm not certain of that.

With how many of the highly used goalies this year either have a lower save percentage than you'd traditionally see a Vezina goalie or finalist have, or their teams missed the playoffs (Price and Kuemper) and outside of Bob winning it in a lockout season, I think Luongo in 2004 was the last top-3 finish on a non-playoff team, maybe Bishop does get a top-3 vote this year, but I don't think he'll win it over Vasilevskiy.

Two of finalists will probably be Vasilevskiy and Andersen for sure, and the last of the top-3 finalists, I'm not sure of right now. Kuemper or Price could have gotten it, but both their team's missed the playoffs. So maybe the third spot does go to Bishop. It could go to Fleury for being a workhorse, despite a lower (but still above average by a bit) save percentage. Maybe Rinne even gets a top-3 spot.

I think Vasilevskiy wins it.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Before 1981, the Jennings trophy didn't exist, so the voting for the Vezina was different. Since then, only 1 goalie has won Vezina with under 30 wins (excluding lockout shortened seasons) and it was 35 years ago. The winner (Tom Barrasso) was only 4 wins behind the leader. Bishop is 13 wins behind the leader.

I guarantee Bishop isn't winning the Vezina.

Vasi has the best sav% and GAA among goalies that have won 30+. He's winning it. I think Andersen will be 2nd.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Whens the last time - excluding the 2013 lockout - when a winner played 50 games or less? Thomas in 2011 played something like 57 I think?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad