Vezina

• Bishop

• Vasilevskiy

• Other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Vasilevskiy. GMs vote on it and I think they still like wins and games played when the stats are somewhat close.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I would have liked a better sample size from both goaltenders, but both had some injury issues this season.

This one I think belongs to Vasilevskiy.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bishop probably doesn't have enough games played for the Vezina. Even Vasy's amount of GP is pretty low.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
while there is only a 5 game difference between the two.. TOI

Bishop 2578
Vas i 3085

500 minutes difference-I realize it is just 8 games but add that to 37 wins vs 26

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Bishop probably doesn't have enough games played for the Vezina. Even Vasy's amount of GP is pretty low.

I posted this in other threads a while ago but in 1990 Roy won the Vezina with 54 games. In 2009 Thomas won the vezina also with 54 games

Those are the 2 lowest totals since 1990. Neither goalie will hit it (Vasi close Bishop farther out)

Its really unique too - because although there are goalies with very strong years with over 54 games played (Price, Andersen, Fleury) - theres significant gap in stats between any of them and Vasi

Even- between Vasi and Bishop a gap is building now too.

Can't wait to see how games played affects voting.

Im a Habs fan and so somewhat biased but - if Price has 3 big wins in 3 amazing starts this week (vs Wash, Tor and Tampa) and helps Habs make playoffs - i could see him getting strong looks from voters who like a good story.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
I posted this in other threads a while ago but in 1990 Roy won the Vezina with 54 games. In 2009 Thomas won the vezina also with 54 games

Those are the 2 lowest totals since 1990. Neither goalie will hit it (Vasi close Bishop farther out)

Its really unique too - because although there are goalies with very strong years with over 54 games played (Price, Andersen, Fleury) - theres significant gap in stats between any of them and Vasi

Even- between Vasi and Bishop a gap is building now too.

Can't wait to see how games played affects voting.

Im a Habs fan and so somewhat biased but - if Price has 3 big wins in 3 amazing starts this week (vs Wash, Tor and Tampa) and helps Habs make playoffs - i could see him getting strong looks from voters who like a good story.
It will be a telling year for Vezina voters where the clear top 2-3 performing goalies are all very low in GP.

I think Vasi will win it, Bishop probably misses out on a nom due to lack of starts.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Comparing the amount of wins is dumb considering the teams. Vasi gets loads of help offensively. Bishop can barely get a couple of goals a game from the Stars and has carried them through the entire season.

Inability to stay healthy though probably will cost Bishop this

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
WTF is this lol ? Khudobin has played 40 games and has a .925 %, theres no way Bishop should get a nom.

The Stars are a wayyy better team with Bishop in net than they are with Khudobin. Also 2.03 GAA vs 2.49 GAA. There's a reason Khudobin only has 15 wins.

Also Tampa could throw anyone in net and win games. Perfect example: Louis Domingue being 21-5 this season.

In this super high scoring season, its incredible that Bishop has put up the numbers he has. Vasi is lucky that Bishop has played less games due to injury.

Reactions: imtheboy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Stars are a wayyy better team with Bishop in net than they are with Khudobin. Also 2.03 GAA vs 2.49 GAA. There's a reason Khudobin only has 15 wins.

Also Tampa could throw anyone in net and win games. Perfect example: Louis Domingue being 21-5 this season.

In this super high scoring season, its incredible that Bishop has put up the numbers he has. Vasi is lucky that Bishop has played less games due to injury.
Yeah, a team should be better with it's starter, and yet again, Khudobin kept them in the game all game yesterday.

There's teams with a bunch of better starters, that have played more games and had more impact on their team than Ben freaking 40 games bishop.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah, a team should be better with it's starter, and yet again, Khudobin kept them in the game all game yesterday.

There's teams with a bunch of better starters, that have played more games and had more impact on their team than Ben freaking 40 games bishop.

None of them have carried their team all season long the way Bishop has. But yes, his games played will probably cost him the Vezina. It's the only reason he won't win it

Doesn't matter if the Stars are getting a good performance from their backup lol. Khudobin isn't good enough to be the starter consistently

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
None of them have carried their team all season long the way Bishop has. But yes, his games played will probably cost him the Vezina. It's the only reason he won't win it

Doesn't matter if the Stars are getting a good performance from their backup lol. Khudobin isn't good enough to be the starter consistently
Haven't caught any Habs games have you ? Or Isles games ?

Look at the roster for these two teams, then look at Dallas. Radulov is the best player the Habs has had in the past decade, and yet, he's not even the best on your team.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Haven't caught any Habs games have you ? Or Isles games ?

Look at the roster for these two teams, then look at Dallas. Radulov is the best player the Habs has had in the past decade, and yet, he's not even the best on your team.

Meh, Bishop has been better on a team with a worse offense. It's too bad he hasn't played more games otherwise he'd blow all of the competition out of the water. Radulov has actually been our best and most consistent player this season. Habs have much better depth

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Meh, Bishop has been better on a team with a worse offense. It's too bad he hasn't played more games otherwise he'd blow all of the competition out of the water. Radulov has actually been our best and most consistent player this season. Habs have much better depth
If he had played more games, he likely sinks his %. Thats how things works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad