GBU Very Honorable. Rangers 2 - Sabres 1 (OT)

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I only saw the final 10 mins of the 3rd and OT

VO had 2 slam dunks to take the lead. Whiffed on one and miss the net on the other.. Those are like the only goals the dudes scored and couldn't finished...

The call on Dahlin was rough but don't even put your stick up there to begin with. Don't give them a reason to make a call on you. Zibanejad clamped down on the stick and yanked it out of Dahls hands but again don't put your stick there to begin with.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I only saw the final 10 mins of the 3rd and OT

VO had 2 slam dunks to take the lead. Whiffed on one and miss the net on the other.. Those are like the only goals the dudes scored and couldn't finished...

The call on Dahlin was rough but don't even put your stick up there to begin with. Don't give them a reason to make a call on you. Zibanejad clamped down on the stick and yanked it out of Dahls hands but again don't put your stick there to begin with.
True. But why not call it in the 3rd if you're going to call it in OT? That's everyone's point.

Phantom icing.

Quinner really looking like he's not just feeling out the league anymore.

I wonder why I even get upset at reffing when I know going in that it's going to be a steaming pile of elk shit. Literally every single inconsistent, 3 blind mice, you might be pregnant because you missed the last period, get off your knees you're blowing the game, have another doughnut game.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Dahlin needs to stop taking penalties.

I don't know who taught Sammy to play defense, but he gives up the blueline, the slot, the goal just backing away slowly. If he's not along the wall, his play in his own zone is an abomination.

Our special teams coaches need to leave forever and take Olofsson with them
As I understand it the players design the PP

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
It's unfortunate that it has taken the coaching staff this long to change their game plan.

I thought UPL looked terrible, out of position and overreacting, but this just shows what team defense does for goalie statistics.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It's unfortunate that it has taken the coaching staff this long to change their game plan.

I thought UPL looked terrible, out of position and overreacting, but this just shows what team defense does for goalie statistics.
They didn’t change their game plan. They finally had practice time to clean things up.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Peterka was awesome tonight. Kid is going to be a great player in a few years.

Was the crowd mic turned up to max or did the crowd think this was a playoff game?
It was really loud in there… because there were so many ranger fans. Both sides tried to yell over each other, so it got louder and louder.

I was sitting next to a rangers fan and he couldn’t believe how biased the officiating was for the rangers. Kept saying “it’s never like this, the refs usually hate us! They must really, really hate Buffalo to be giving the rangers the advantage”.

In the 2nd period there was a play where a ranger tackled 2 Sabres at once and then held one of them down on the ice and pushed him back down repeatedly when the Sabre tried to get up. All within 3 feet of a ref who watched the entire thing.

Ranger fan was speechless that it wasn’t a penalty

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Not done yet, but it's hard to see them going 14-3 for the remaining games this season.

If miracles are being dished out, we'll take two and knock out Boston.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It was really loud in there… because there were so many ranger fans. Both sides tried to yell over each other, so it got louder and louder.

I was sitting next to a rangers fan and he couldn’t believe how biased the officiating was for the rangers. Kept saying “it’s never like this, the refs usually hate us! They must really, really hate Buffalo to be giving the rangers the advantage”.

In the 2nd period there was a play where a ranger tackled 2 Sabres at once and then held one of them down on the ice and pushed him back down repeatedly when the Sabre tried to get up. All within 3 feet of a ref who watched the entire thing.

Ranger fan was speechless that it wasn’t a penalty

That was Trochek. It's bad and it seems to be getting worse.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
That was Trochek. It's bad and it seems to be getting worse.
I kind of roll my eyes when people complain about the officiating, but even to me it seems like its been pretty egregiously bad in the Sabres favor lately. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that we have so many young players and the officials just refuse to give the young guys the benefit of the doubt.

I remember years ago when the Sabres first drafted Kassian there was a video of Lindy talking to him in training/development camp telling him the officials will not give him any calls because he's a rookie. Could be a bit of what's going on here.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Overall team defense
UPL with some timely stops in the first
Skinner continues busting his ass
Kid line was on fire
Stillman remains a noticeable upgrade on the mini mites (Bryson/Clague)

B
Puck luck
Vic

U
Refs
Kane

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Another year without playoffs, if this team misses next year… I can’t even fathom.
If the team misses next year, then it's back to me not giving a crap and hardly watching them again.

Well, I couldn't find a Cozens Goathead jersey, so I came home empty handed.

I thought Buffalo was the better team. It sucked losing because there were a lot of Rangers fans. They were pretty quiet for most of the game since Buffalo was carrying play, though there were times the fanbases would both try to out shout eachother.

I haven't checked the standings lately, but Im going to assume we'd need to go on a tear, and that doesnt seem likely with the injuries piling up.

Last edited:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If the team misses next year, then it's back to me not giving a crap and hardly watching them again.

Well, I couldn't find a Cozens Goathead jersey, so I came home empty handed.

I thought Buffalo was the better team. It sucked losing because there were a lot of Rangers fans. They were pretty quiet for most of the game since Buffalo was carrying play.

I haven't checked the standings lately, but Im going to assume we'd need to go on a tear, and that doesnt seem likely with the injuries piling up.
No point in scoreboard watching, it's out of the Sabres hands now. It's on the Islanders, Penguins, Senators and Florida to lose more than the Sabres win.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Pretty much, we have a outside shot if the stars align but with the news of Sammy and Dahlin going down it is what it is at this point.
Didn't realize they were hurt. Would be the story of the season if the Sabres could do it, but the odds for it happening are 10x worse than getting Bedard.

This team was not a Chycrun away from making the playoffs so I am happy the Sabres did not mortgage away the future for a playoff dance with Boston.

Once its mathematical, they can sign Levi and give him a taste. Kulich/Biro could also be rewarded.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I think its pretty obvious what is happening. The league needs the Sabres to lose; so they may bestow upon them the first overall pick.

Think about it:

The Sabres were punished for their pursuit of McDavid. They suffered through the Eichel curse.

But then they built back, the "right" way, and cast aside the forbidden Eichel fruit. Earning redemption.

It's too good of a storyline for the league to pass up. It only makes sense.

Oh, good: Luukkonen. Bad: refs, ESPN+
NHL will strive to ensure CHI picks first overall. Maybe MTL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad