GBU Very Honorable. Rangers 2 - Sabres 1 (OT)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They did everything they were supposed to, wildly outplayed their opponent…and got reffed and Olofsson’d

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Sabres are a bad team, why scapegoat Olofsson. He's a one trick pony.

For today? Because he had two glorious opportunities to do the one thing he does - finish plays - and missed both. He also didn't hustle off on a change resulting in Jost's goal being negated. It's very warranted tonight to have him as the goat of the game.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
They did everything they were supposed to, wildly outplayed their opponent…and got reffed and Olofsson’d
And goalied. Shesterkin stopped 32 of 33 shots. There's a reason he's a Vezina candidate every year.

I really like the goalie, and hate that he plays for .... them.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
I think its pretty obvious what is happening. The league needs the Sabres to lose; so they may bestow upon them the first overall pick.

Think about it:

The Sabres were punished for their pursuit of McDavid. They suffered through the Eichel curse.

But then they built back, the "right" way, and cast aside the forbidden Eichel fruit. Earning redemption.

It's too good of a storyline for the league to pass up. It only makes sense.

Oh, good: Luukkonen. Bad: refs, ESPN+

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
I think its pretty obvious what is happening. The league needs the Sabres to lose; so they may bestow upon them the first overall pick.

Think about it:

The Sabres were punished for their pursuit of McDavid. They suffered through the Eichel curse.

But then they built back, the "right" way, and cast aside the forbidden Eichel fruit. Earning redemption.

It's too good of a storyline for the league to pass up. It only makes sense.

Oh, good: Luukkonen. Bad: refs, ESPN+
Can only move up 10 spots in the draft, better keep losing

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
LOL @ NHL Refs. f***ing jokes. I'm waiting for a Vanvleet-ish rant.

Also, if it wasn't for hockey, Patrick Kane would be homeless.

Reactions: Fearnot

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I turned the game on, saw Dahlin get called for what's his ****'s holding Dahlin's stick in OT, and remembered why I'm taking a break this month

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
G: I didn't see the whole game but they looked good out there. Nice to see at least.

B: One point unfortunately ain't gonna cut it.

U: Bench Olofsson. Every forward is playing considerably better than him including Hino. Even Okposo, despite being basically toast at this point, still manages to do something positive out there.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
If VO is your problem and Hino is the solution, I think you have a much bigger problem than you think.

• Haha
Reactions: Sound_n_Fury

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Don't believe we're a bad team.
Young and growing and completely competitive.
It's not all or none. Some of the players are good player. Some of the players are not. As an average, it makes us a poor to ok team. After 12 years, that's not good enough, especially when you can change it.

Get better players, you will get better results.

Raise the bar.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Peterka was awesome tonight. Kid is going to be a great player in a few years.

Was the crowd mic turned up to max or did the crowd think this was a playoff game?

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Play like that more often and you’ll find yourself respectably back in the playoff race
Unfortunately, there isn't enough runway left. We have 17 games left and would need to win 13-15 of them. They are not officially out, but they are effectively out.

KA failed the deadline, where even moves like trading Olofsson away would have been addition by subtraction.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
LOL @ NHL Refs. f***ing jokes. I'm waiting for a Vanvleet-ish rant.

Also, if it wasn't for hockey, Patrick Kane would be homeless.
I almost want to put a video together each game of all the missed calls on the Sabres and the tricky tack calls on the Sabres just to show the world or whoever watches the videos how shit a product the NHL is as a whole.

Why some teams are favored and others are not, I have no idea but it's real tucking tiresome.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Pretty damned good goaltender playing for the other team.....

Sabres net minder can't be faulted either.

Sabres CAN play defense when they have (want?) to.

Rangers are classless hacks. More obvious penalties not called than can be counted. I'll never root for them ever again.

Not a nice way to say this. Kane is a punk. A cheap, dirty chop meister lumberjack of a hack. I'm embarrassed he's from SoBuf/Hamburg. Hope he never plays for the Sabres.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I wonder if they'll bring Kulich up for a taste now that the playoffs are slipping away.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if they'll bring Kulich up for a taste now that the playoffs are slipping away.

They might, though the bind is that the Amerks are fighting for their playoff lives too. It may be that they take a look at Weissbach or Rousek or Biro since Rousek and Weissbach are RFA's and Biro has been the Amerks' best skater.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad