Very honest interview: Trip to Croatia to meet Borna Rendulic

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
So are we saying that the best thing Borna did with the org is that interview's contribution to Dean getting the axe?

(Not saying he did little...just emphasizing the importance of being rid of Dean).

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Oh, wanted to comment on the idea of SAR being the Avs dumping ground and the toxic attitude's that may have caused. I don't think that Bordy, Cliche, or even Guenin would have had that kind of attitude. I think they all would know that they are more suited to AHL play, and that the time they had in the NHL was a bonus. The toxic ones I could see are Redmond, Gormley, and maybe Berra. Or even the more skilled guys that weren't getting the chances they thought they deserved, like Borna, EVB, Noreau, or Hishon. Not saying they were bad apples, or even that I think they were likely to have been. But I would believe that a youngster with promise would be more likely to have the ego to drive that attitude than an older vet that has had the chance to see how bad they are at the top level.

But I have no evidence to back that opinion up, so what do I know :)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oh, wanted to comment on the idea of SAR being the Avs dumping ground and the toxic attitude's that may have caused. I don't think that Bordy, Cliche, or even Guenin would have had that kind of attitude. I think they all would know that they are more suited to AHL play, and that the time they had in the NHL was a bonus. The toxic ones I could see are Redmond, Gormley, and maybe Berra. Or even the more skilled guys that weren't getting the chances they thought they deserved, like Borna, EVB, Noreau, or Hishon. Not saying they were bad apples, or even that I think they were likely to have been. But I would believe that a youngster with promise would be more likely to have the ego to drive that attitude than an older vet that has had the chance to see how bad they are at the top level.

But I have no evidence to back that opinion up, so what do I know :)

It doesn't really matter who the poisonous ones were, one way or another it happened and deciding to turn the place where they are trying to cultivate their young talent into a cesspool because of all the bad contracts they signed at the NHL level didn't help. They didn't win at home for over 2 months, is anyone aware of how bad it got?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
This was a great interview. Good job Eurolanche. You and Borna probably got Dean the axe, so even better
Incredibly discouraging to hear about the development down there.
I know ive said Bigras and Zads needed more AHL time but SA sounds like a total mess.
Makes you think about Elliot, Hish and Duncan. Elliot is gone and those two are probably done for with this org.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
This was a great interview. Good job Eurolanche. You and Borna probably got Dean the axe, so even better
Incredibly discouraging to hear about the development down there.
I know ive said Bigras and Zads needed more AHL time but SA sounds like a total mess.
Makes you think about Elliot, Hish and Duncan. Elliot is gone and those two are probably done for with this org.

And nearly everyone else. I hope Joe and Pat realize and can convince the Kroenkes that resources must be invested in development of talent and that they give the prospects a fair chance going forward before deciding to leave them to fend for themselves. Hopefully the the meltdown has taught them a thing or two about developing prospects.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Oh I know, and I agree that it does not really matter whose fault it is. I just feel that it is more likely the young ones were the poison, and that the coaching failed them, than it is the vets who know they are winding down.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00