Rumor: Versteeg to Sign 1 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I know it's a minor issue regarding Yak and Versteeg. But the problem I have with Chia is trading a roster player before signing the other player. Similar to Hall and Lucic. We traded Hall before signing Lucic and that gave Lucic extra leverage to add another year on the term.

Since when?
Besides, everything reads that Versteeg will sign once he is healthy. This is worrying for the sake of worrying.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I know it's a minor issue regarding Yak and Versteeg. But the problem I have with Chia is trading a roster player before signing the other player. Similar to Hall and Lucic. We traded Hall before signing Lucic and that gave Lucic extra leverage to add another year on the term.

As was with the Lucic signing, a deal will be in place already. Waiting for a clean bill of health before signing it. I'd rather prefer the Oilers hold the hammer rather than the player.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton

No it didn't. That was done well before the trade.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I guess we picked Gryba over Versteeg..
Sucks that he would go to Lames

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
****** off season for Chiarelli. Mediocre roster. That right side is piss poor and Pulju isn't ready. They get hit with a couple injuries and it's going to be another long season, as D is still mediocre if not below average at best. Versteeg would've been really good on a 1 year deal. This is actually quite ******.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
****** off season for Chiarelli. Mediocre roster. That right side is piss poor and Pulju isn't ready. They get hit with a couple injuries and it's going to be another long season, as D is still mediocre if not below average at best. Versteeg would've been really good on a 1 year deal. This is actually quite ******.

I disagree 100% with this. Chia did fine. Read the Chia thread for reasons why I disagree.

Toggel

Feb 26, 2015
One injury to any top 9 C or RW and the replacement is Pitlick? Slepshev?

Starting to be a McDavid fan and not an Oilers fan. Management is not improving.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
One injury to any top 9 C or RW and the replacement is Pitlick? Slepshev?

Starting to be a McDavid fan and not an Oilers fan. Management is not improving.
Because we don't sign a 30 point winger that has bounced around a lot of teams were not improving, with all the other moves
23wrzau.gif

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Because we don't sign a 30 point winger that has bounced around a lot of teams were not improving, with all the other moves
23wrzau.gif

they have no RW depth and could've given him a fairly cheap contract, veteran experience with the ability to play anywhere in the top 9. Nothing to lose by signing him. Instead they trade Yak for a negative return, have to move a big centre to the wing and have a tiny rookie in Caggiula who is a natural winger start the season in the 3 hole. Bad management, bad decisions made by coaching.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
23wrzau.gif

Lol this all over the place.

Kris Versteeg, guys. Kris Versteeg. It's not like we let a 40 goal scorer get away or something, haha. Chances are anyone who is put in his spot in the lineup will get similar points or better. If people are worried about "drivers of offense," then this shouldn't concern anyone. He is a typical support cast type of player who will get points because his linemates create the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad