Post-Game Talk: VERSHAWN MICHAELS NAILS THE SWEET CHIN MUSIC. ROUND TWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
@Mogo did you get your jerseys yet?

Since I received my merch on Tuesday and always wear it while watching, we won every game!

So happy for this team. We passed the first test and finally won a series. To me anything is a bonus right now, but knowing we were able to beat WSH we might be able to do a lot more damage

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
What happened to Ekblad? Is he hurt?
He got ragdolled by Ovie. Every time he was on the bench you could see the team doctor rubbing his lower back area. And I dont think jumping in the dogpile helped.

Screenshot_28.jpg

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
@Mogo did you get your jerseys yet?

Since I received my merch on Tuesday and always wear it while watching, we won every game!

So happy for this team. We passed the first test and finally won a series. To me anything is a bonus right now, but knowing we were able to beat WSH we might be able to do a lot more damage

Still waiting...

needforspeed

Mar 20, 2021
This was a huge win for the Franchise. Core is set for years to come and this gives confidence we are improving, learning how to win and getting the results. I really hope they do but even if they don't win it all this season we will be a powerhouse in coming seasons as well.

Having said that, let's take it all now!

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I thought Barkov was very good in games 4 and 5, and pretty good tonight. I get where the criticism of him and Huberdeau comes from, given that this Panthers core had previously been terrible in the playoffs and they appeared to struggle at times in this series.

But Barkov was being shadowed, clutched, grabbed, and pounded every time he was on the ice, and was still effective. Huberdeau I thought wasn't great tonight with a lot of errant passes, but the effort was clearly there.

Mostly, I think the 'disappointment' in this series has been the atrocious special teams. 70% penalty kill and 0% power play. That's terrible, and I'm sorry, but that's a COACHING ISSUE. This team has the talent to have good special teams play, but coaching is totally failing where that's concerned. Huberdeau and Barkov would have much sexier stat sheets if they weren't 0 for 18 on the man advantage.

And I will give the coaches credit: Scratching Duclair for Lomberg was clearly the right move, and it paid off bigtime tonight. Pairing Weegar up with Forsling significantly reduced the number of 'Oh, God' moments we saw in the last couple of games and allowed Weegar to excel with Forsling there to babysit the brain farts.

But the special teams need to be fixed, and REAL SOON. Tampa and Toronto are even better in that area. Again, I ask: Carter Verhaeghe has been an unstoppable force of nature in the last three games, why not try him on the first power play unit?

You couldn’t wait 24 hours, could ya ? Hehe

I think the PK made BIG strides last game, except for the late bogus tying goal, but it came off a lot of broken plays…

But when we were really doing some penalty-killing, adjustments had been made, and we looked much much better IMO.

I’m not sure I would say specia units are only on the coaches…

We’re due to get hot on the PP at sometimes, and people will go bananas how zebras don’t call penalties on our opponents, which will be quite the contrast with the first round.

Let’s enjoy this great day of hockey knowing we can have a peaceful week-end ! :P

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I was 7 the last time we got this far. I picked the Cats because two kids on my street said they were the best team. First year I was into hockey and we got killed in the finals lol.
Super proud of the boys, a lot of players proved their worth and leveled up. Don't care if we play TB or TOR next. Would love to eliminate either one!

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
This feeling is incredible. I'm still getting over what I witnessed tonight.

Twenty six years. That is such a long f***ing time in sports. I cannot believe that they actually did it. I love all of you here and I'm so grateful to have had so many of you sick bastards here along for the ride for all these years. We've stuck it out and FINALLY we have some semblance of genuine success that we can be proud of. I know it's only a round one playoff series but after nearly 3 decades of futility this feels amazing.

I literally cried tears of joy after that goal. I nearly woke up my 2 month old daughter. I am so, so very happy right now. Whatever they do in the second round is alright by me. Hopefully we don't got another 26 years before another series win....

Regardless, enjoy this everyone. This was a hell of a game to send Washington home in too. Verhaeghe is far and away the MVP of the series, and we can talk about being concerned about Huberdeau or the defensive coverage another day, for now just bask in it.

The Florida Panthers advance to the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
What a win what a win, what... a...win!! Miss your podcast bro, hope you stick with it.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
It was great to kill this in game 6 already. Not just for fans mental health reasons but getting couple of extra days rest for the team and especially guys who are banged up. Also little more time to adjust & get ready for the next one
Huge.. You know Ekblad and Chiarot were fighting through pain all game (as well as Verhaeghe and Barky and the others). Not having to battle through another vital game tomorrow and getting a few days off here is a monumental difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad