Post-Game Talk: VERSHAWN MICHAELS NAILS THE SWEET CHIN MUSIC. ROUND TWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Hey, I saw people jumping on Barkov. I thought he was probably the best player on the ice not named Carter Verhaeghe or Gustav Forsling in games 4-5, and probably the best player on the ice not named Carter Verhaeghe or Claude Giroux in game 6.

I know, me too hehe… I was teasing you a little camrad that’s all…

Barkov was our best player, and they tightly so tightly checked him, and yet I thought he was pretty efficient… Maybe not McDavid like or Crosby, but he was in on a lot of important plays.

I too saw some weird « efforts » out of him, or coughed up puck or things that we ain’t used to see… And I would have liked to see him shoot on more occasions last night… But his performance overall was great once again, and to me, he is one of our least concerning things going forward because I didn’t saw the « bad Barkov » like I read somewhere here.

See, I know you weren’t one calling me out like this, but it’s not about being a God or thinking we know better… But like a lot of subjects on this board, I can’t get a handle on why the same fan-base can see the total opposite of the spectrum on one subject. It is really really weird…

Back on the special units topic though…

You didn’t like the adjustments on the PK or didn’t saw it ? I thought we were boxing out much better, cutting lanes and being more aggressive while being aware too of where guys stood. But maybe it was just me…

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I know, me too hehe… I was teasing you a little camrad that’s all…

Barkov was our best player, and they tightly so tightly checked him, and yet I thought he was pretty efficient… Maybe not McDavid like or Crosby, but he was in on a lot of important plays.

I too saw some weird « efforts » out of him, or coughed up puck or things that we ain’t used to see… And I would have liked to see him shoot on more occasions last night… But his performance overall was great once again, and to me, he is one of our least concerning things going forward because I didn’t saw the « bad Barkov » like I read somewhere here.

See, I know you weren’t one calling me out like this, but it’s not about being a God or thinking we know better… But like a lot of subjects on this board, I can’t get a handle on why the same fan-base can see the total opposite of the spectrum on one subject. It is really really weird…

Back on the special units topic though…

You didn’t like the adjustments on the PK or didn’t saw it ? I thought we were boxing out much better, cutting lanes and being more aggressive while being aware too of where guys stood. But maybe it was just me…

I do think they were more aggressive in game 6, that's a good sign, but I'm still concerned. I don't think our PK is gonna cut it vs Tampa/Toronto, which I think are the 2 most dangerous units in the entire league. Panthers are gonna have to dig deep and fix their own Power Play. I know they can do it, I just hope it's in time.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I literally screamed when I saw that puck go into the net in OT. And jumped to my feet with both arms stretched to the air. Didn't even think about it. It was all reflex, I did it before I even knew I did it. Closed my eyes, tilted my head up, and stood there in that stance for a minute or two. Relief......

R.3a7e11c207b1d4fd088876ff7e814166

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Hey, I saw people jumping on Barkov. I thought he was probably the best player on the ice not named Carter Verhaeghe or Gustav Forsling in games 4-5, and probably the best player on the ice not named Carter Verhaeghe or Claude Giroux in game 6.
I hear what you are saying about Barkov. I was disappointed in some of his efforts. Then I see he was a plus 8 in the series and he actually shot the puck off the boards which resulted in Carter’s first goal in 5 game leading the comeback.

I guess I expect some much of him. That my expectations are unreal.
The same could be said of Huby.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
That's how much my total was for 2 tickets in the uppers. I was going to get my tickets at the arena later on, but I heard they charge the bs ticketmaster fees now too.
I spent almost 100 bucks for a club level Panthers shoot twice zone ticket for game 1 round 1. Spending almost 200 for a better seat in a great area is a no brainer… It’s a once in a lifetime experience

Last edited:
Reactions: floridada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad