Confirmed with Link: Vermette traded to Chicago for 1st (2015) + D Klas Dahlbeck

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Vrbata would have cost $$$ and ****ed up the tank. Do not need.

I like the return for Vermette but refuse to believe this was the best offer DM had at any point, given what others have paid for lesser players. Wonder if CHI's cap crunch may lead DM to thinking we could get Vermette back. Or if he simply ****ed up and overplayed his hand.

Mark Arcobello is our 1C the rest of the way so tank on!

I think the value DM received for Vermette was very very good. What really did you expect?

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Since I don't want to see Yandle traded, I feel like Maloney should actively be trying to move one of Gormley/Summers/Dahlbeck/P. Samuelsson/Campbell. Probably as an additional sweetener in another deal. It's just too many lefties and we should try to re-balance the D-corps if at all possible.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
actually this statement is false. he didn't say he was willing but said he was thinking about it. big difference. also it was the 1st day of free agency that he signed on, so he didn't think about it too hard. The Coyotes could not afford to match the Canucks. And this subject is getting real old. The Coyotes are better off not re-signing Vrbata and staying mediocre. It is better that he signed in Vancouver and keep them slightly better than mediocre (only 3 points ahead of 9th place)!

I agree, it's getting real old.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Since I don't want to see Yandle traded, I feel like Maloney should actively be trying to move one of Gormley/Summers/Dahlbeck/P. Samuelsson/Campbell. Probably as an additional sweetener in another deal. It's just too many lefties and we should try to re-balance the D-corps if at all possible.

GMDM said he had a lot of irons in the fire, so let's wait and see what happens.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

I like the return for Vermette but refuse to believe this was the best offer DM had at any point, given what others have paid for lesser players. Wonder if CHI's cap crunch may lead DM to thinking we could get Vermette back. Or if he simply ****ed up and overplayed his hand.

Mark Arcobello is our 1C the rest of the way so tank on!

I disagree about your assessment about the trade. IMO, Dahlbeck is a better fit than Gormley. I rather have a shut down defensemen than a pmd on the 3rd pairing and Gormley (or whomever) should give a good return on a trade. Also I like the Swedish factor, I have a theory about Oliver being homesick and (somewhat) alienated. I don't think Dahlbeck will help make Oliver a better player, but hoping it will make him a happier person.

If the Coyotes get a McEichel, and sign Vermette
a McEichel, Vermette, Hanzal, Vitale would look great down the middle

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm alone on this but if we end up with a top 5 pick this season is a huge success in my books.

Signing our UFA's and finishing in that perennial close but no cigar draft spot would have led to the continual spiral of mediocrity. We will end up with a star player now. That is what this franchise has so desperately needed for years.

You should be alone on that. A star player is no guarantee, furthermore: There is no guarantee we will get a star player.

Love the optimism though!

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

All that I've read about Trevling following the Coyotes and then meeting with his scouts on saturday and us acquiring Dahlbeck, Gormley will be a Flame monday. I'm also guessing that the reason why the Flames acquired Drew Shore 1/9, who is currently in the 'A' and is no longer waiver exempt, is to use him as a trade asset with the Coyotes. He may not be the ideal replacement for Vermette, but I think he will be a solid acquisition for our now depleted center positions.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
talking about a McEichel moment... I would want Doan to play on his line from the start of his career. Can't think of a better player/role model than Doan to start their career with. That should also rejuvenate Doan.

Must be because of all the great success those have skated with Doan have had! :sarcasm:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Wrong on both counts and only ****** TANK

Last edited by a moderator:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Gormley please.... and it's only right.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
I disagree about your assessment about the trade. IMO, Dahlbeck is a better fit than Gormley. I rather have a shut down defensemen than a pmd on the 3rd pairing and Gormley (or whomever) should give a good return on a trade. Also I like the Swedish factor, I have a theory about Oliver being homesick and (somewhat) alienated. I don't think Dahlbeck will help make Oliver a better player, but hoping it will make him a happier person.

If the Coyotes get a McEichel, and sign Vermette
a McEichel, Vermette, Hanzal, Vitale would look great down the middle
Agree about Dahlbeck on the third pair, agree about Gormley's trade value, I just have a tough time believing this was the "highest value" offer. Oh, the conversation we would have if I could ever get a GM drunk at the bar ...

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think this was the only 1st in play for Vermette. We may have had other comparable deals that involved a higher level prospect and a 2nd round pick. We went for the pick.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
All that I've read about Trevling following the Coyotes and then meeting with his scouts on saturday and us acquiring Dahlbeck, Gormley will be a Flame monday. I'm also guessing that the reason why the Flames acquired Drew Shore 1/9, who is currently in the 'A' and is no longer waiver exempt, is to use him as a trade asset with the Coyotes. He may not be the ideal replacement for Vermette, but I think he will be a solid acquisition for our now depleted center positions.

I'd like to see us snag a near-ready right handed center to try out for the rest of the year. I've liked Drew Shore for a while now. But I would just as easily give Corban Knight the long look. IMO Gormley's worth more than both. There are other options out there though.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Lovely work, Don.

He expressed clearly what he wanted in a trade and backed it up with this deal.

1st rounder is an obvious achievement but to also get a prospect who has already set foot in the league - and seemed to have been doing ok - is a great return.

OEL also probably happy to have a Swede coming in who he knows.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I'd like to see us snag a near-ready right handed center to try out for the rest of the year. I've liked Drew Shore for a while now. But I would just as easily give Corban Knight the long look. IMO Gormley's worth more than both. There are other options out there though.

I agree that Gormley is worth more and now that Glencross was traded just for futures, the Flames may also have interest in a LWer like Korpikoski. They are currently tied with the Kings for the last playoff spot and Korpikoski and Gormley are young enough with term in their contract to entice the Flames into a trade but now that the Flames claimed Schlemko...

Korpi for Shore?

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

x2 - we don't really know what Gormley will develop into (definitively) so at this point the best alternative is to punt. Hang onto BG and make moves elsewhere on the blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad