Confirmed with Link: Vermette traded to Chicago for 1st (2015) + D Klas Dahlbeck

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I don't think Gormley is going anywhere..I still think he is going to replace Yandle.

Who is going to get the call up to fill Vermette's spot?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Thank you Maloney as this is a man who for now is showing that he wants to really keep his job. :handclap:

Now would be too much to ask for the Blackhawks to fall short of the playoffs like we did with Calgary a few seasons back?

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Hey guys, just wanted to hop over here and give you guys a little report about what I've seen of Dahlbeck:

Definitely a defense first D-man that has a little bit of offense. He isn't a great skater, but it's certainly not a hindrance and he is probably about average in that respect. If you look at his numbers last year compared to this year, the drop-off is mainly because last year he played with Adam Clendening who was one of the top offensive D-man in the AHL at the time. This year he's been paired with a guy who isn't as gifted offensively. On top of that, the whole Rockford squad has struggled to fill the net as of late.

Really, to me his best quality is his IQ. Offensively, he has an average shot, but he knows when to sneak in from the blueline to open himself up for opportunities. Other than that he's not very aggressive and more often than not looks to make a pass to keep the cycle alive. Defensively, he's positionally sound and has a good stick. His AHL coaches were have him watch clips of Niklas Hjalmarsson to teach him how to be an effective shot-blocker, and from what I've seen he seems willing to sacrifice his body.

He had a brief 4 game stint in Chicago this year and looked good. Honestly, and this is just my opinion, with the way our D has played this year I think he should have been a regular with the big club. He probably projects as a good shutdown #4 that can PK, take on tough assignments, and chip in offensively every now and then, assuming all goes well in his development.

Hope I could be of help.:)

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Hey guys, just wanted to hop over here and give you guys a little report about what I've seen of Dahlbeck:

Definitely a defense first D-man that has a little bit of offense. He isn't a great skater, but it's certainly not a hindrance and he is probably about average in that respect. If you look at his numbers last year compared to this year, the drop-off is mainly because last year he played with Adam Clendening who was one of the top offensive D-man in the AHL at the time. This year he's been paired with a guy who isn't as gifted offensively. On top of that, the whole Rockford squad has struggled to fill the net as of late.

Really, to me his best quality is his IQ. Offensively, he has an average shot, but he knows when to sneak in from the blueline to open himself up for opportunities. Other than that he's not very aggressive and more often than not looks to make a pass to keep the cycle alive. Defensively, he's positionally sound and has a good stick. His AHL coaches were have him watch clips of Niklas Hjalmarsson to teach him how to be an effective shot-blocker, and from what I've seen he seems willing to sacrifice his body.

He had a brief 4 game stint in Chicago this year and looked good. Honestly, and this is just my opinion, with the way our D has played this year I think he should have been a regular with the big club. He probably projects as a good shutdown #4 that can PK, take on tough assignments, and chip in offensively every now and then, assuming all goes well in his development.

Thanks for the scouting report. Enjoy Vermy. He was a fan favorite here.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

Sounds like a perfect Z replacement

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
More than I expected, but that seems to the the price for good centers. Also think its a good deal for Chicago. Probably their last run, so I'd expect a little over-payment.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Thanks have fun with the face off king vermette.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad