Confirmed with Link: Vermette traded to Chicago for 1st (2015) + D Klas Dahlbeck

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Some, not me, time too move on.
It depends on who is available to the Coyotes on July 1st and if there is a need (which we seem to have at the moment). I do expect management to explore other opportunities to fill the roster before free agency. And it all starts with the lottery - ***the McDavid Sweepstakes***.

It's still too early to make absolute judgement calls. We may end up once again filling the roster with default players. Hopefully this will be "in the past" and the end of that era.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
It depends on who is available to the Coyotes on July 1st and if there is a need (which we seem to have at the moment). I do expect management to explore other opportunities to fill the roster before free agency. And it all starts with the lottery - ***the McDavid Sweepstakes***.

It's still too early to make absolute judgement calls. We may end up once again filling the roster with default players. Hopefully this will be "in the past" and the end of that era.
Merkley's a first round cut from the Canadian WJC team (he was a final cut last year).

3+ years at Kelowna
2013-14: 25-33-58 (66 games)
2014-15: 20-70-90 (72 games)
2015-16: 17-31-48 (43 games)
2016-17: 8-13-21 (24 games)

Numbers trending the wrong way, disappointing.

Vermette for Dahlbeck/Merkey. Win Chicago.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Late 1sts are rarely slam dunks early on, let him develop. Don't know how you can judge the kid at this point. If he doesn't get hurt, no way he gets cut. Probably would be one of the featured forwards on the team.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The only thing more bizarre than labeling him as a bust already is the idea that we lost that trade. We got great value in that trade. The fact we later did or did not draft an NHL player at 30ov would not change the evaluation of that trade at all. If we traded Domi for a 7th who later became better than Domi, would that make it a great trade?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The only thing more bizarre than labeling him as a bust already is the idea that we lost that trade. We got great value in that trade. The fact we later did or did not draft an NHL player at 30ov would not change the evaluation of that trade at all. If we traded Domi for a 7th who later became better than Domi, would that make it a great trade?
So Chicago who won the Cup with Vermette lost the trade?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

The opportunity cost for the Coyotes wasn't winning the cup, so that's irrelevant. The only thing that matters is how much value was extracted versus given up. On a rental it's always in favor of the team trading away the player because they've already decided to live with that. The alternative is usually to overpay in terms of contract.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Where did I say that? They got a depth player who played a role in the playoffs and won a cup. They make that trade all day everyday.

I'm just saying we didn't lose the trade either. We got a decent defensive prospect who had some shine at the time and a late 1st for a guy on an expiring contract. We should make that trade all day everyday, too. Both teams benefited.

I'm just saying you can't hindsight our selection to naysay the trade. You judge the trade by the conditions and market value at the time of the trade. If you double down on 11 and draw a duece, that doesn't make doubling down a bad decision. You made the right decision even if it didn't pan out.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
This is like thinking about your ex girlfriend from 2 years ago, wondering if there is anything you could've done differently, but you're really both doing okay even though you've each had ups and downs since then, but you're civil enough to the point where it's really not a big deal afterall, and you ask yourself, "why did i even bring this up again?"

It's really going to be okay. Even if Merkley doesn't work out.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

:laugh:Every NHL team would trade for a player if it gives them a chance to win the cup. I agree, Chicago won this trade because they won the cup, period.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Remember that the Yotes were going to take Fischer, but they couldn't believe Merkley dropped. If they had taken Fischer at 30, would anyone be saying the trade was bad on the Yotes side?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There is a reason Merkley fell in the draft.

The only one of our prospects who I'm not really attached to.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Merkley was a gift so I'm not too worried if he makes it or not. And if he does, I think he'd make the NHL around 23. So he's got a lot of time.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Merkley has been set back from his injury last training camp.

CHI won the trade the minute they hoisted the cup. Good for them. Keeps rental prices high for sellers at the deadline which runs counter to the thoughts and beliefs of the posters on the trade board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad