Confirmed with Link: Vermette traded to Chicago for 1st (2015) + D Klas Dahlbeck

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The Coyotes were 0-9-0 leading up to the Trade Deadline, so no extra points to be lost there. He pulled a potential Top 4 Dman in Dahlbeck, plus a 1st Round pick....so again, I'd give GMDM an A on that deal. He likely waited too long on Michalek and acknowledged as such.

Agreed. We actually played better after the deadline deals which means we would have likely finished even higher had we made the moves earlier.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He still got a fine return for Michalek. Better than I expected for a healthy Michalek. He gambled. He won. I don't have the guts for that kind of gamble. The Michalek and Vermette trades were excellent.

Yandle was traded at peak value. I expected more but the market didn't provide a greater return. I still feel Yandle is a better asset than Duclair, Moore and two picks. Then again, I didn't believe we were going to be given an ownership gree light for full rebuild. Knowing that, I'm a little better with it.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
He still got a fine return for Michalek. Better than I expected for a healthy Michalek. He gambled. He won. I don't have the guts for that kind of gamble. The Michalek and Vermette trades were excellent.

Yandle was traded at peak value. I expected more but the market didn't provide a greater return. I still feel Yandle is a better asset than Duclair, Moore and two picks. Then again, I didn't believe we were going to be given an ownership gree light for full rebuild. Knowing that, I'm a little better with it.

If the Yandle camp didn't want to talk about an extension like I've heard rumors about, I don't blame DM for taking the best offer he could get that was reasonable and running with it even if he felt he could have gotten more.

I'm still iffy on Duclair, but the consensus is that he is a tip top prospect, the likes of which never really get traded so I'm going to hope that they're all right.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If the Yandle camp didn't want to talk about an extension like I've heard rumors about, I don't blame DM for taking the best offer he could get that was reasonable and running with it even if he felt he could have gotten more.

I'm still iffy on Duclair, but the consensus is that he is a tip top prospect, the likes of which never really get traded so I'm going to hope that they're all right.

They replayed WJC gold medal game last night on TSN. Duclair and Domi have great chemistry but Duclair is a speedster who shoots often. He's the a anti-Boedker in that regard. He is a shoot first guy.

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
While I certainly agree with you in principle, we're going to have to hit the cap floor somehow, and I'd rather slightly overpay Vermette for a short term deal, as opposed to handing a bunch of dumb, long-term contracts to over-the-hill vets, like Tallon did with Upshall, Jovo, Bolland, etc., when Florida needed to hit the cap floor.

By my count we can hit the floor without paying Vermette that much. Boedker's raise (I'd sign him long term with an escalating salary to bump up his cap hit), acquiring a $4m+ RHD, acquiring a $4m center and filling out the rest of the roster gets us to $51m...remember we have $4m in salary retention/buyouts that help get us there. BTW we also cant trade Doan until the trade deadline because frankly we need his salary to hit the floor.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

This is the first time I heard about Yandle not wanting to talk about an extension.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This is the first time I heard about Yandle not wanting to talk about an extension.

Nobody knows what transpired between DM and Yandle's representation. My personal opinion is that they didn't even discuss it.

Maloney simply weighed the context - his team is in a rebuild, they're looking to get younger, they need prime assets, and he's got a BIG trade chip - and pulled the trigger. Purely mercenary, but made sense because he figured he was getting a blue-chip forward prospect in Duclair and a cheaper, younger, poor-man's Yandle in return.

Possessing OEL made Yandle tradeable - even expendable. It's as simple as that.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I'm going to slit my wrists if we take Hanifin.
The Coyotes averaged 2.01 GPG this season, other than Buffalo the past 2 years, 2.01 is the lowest GPG since Columbus in 2001-2002. 14 years!!!

It has to be McEichel or the one of the Top 2 scorers in the OHL. No question.

During his press conference, DM hinted about moving down if they pick 3rd. I assume that meant a swap with Edm who gets Hannifin and we get Marner/Strome (hopefully Marner) at 4 and maybe grab Edm's 2nd rounder too. 4 picks in the 33 would be nice...but not McEichel nice.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

I'm in complete agreement with this. I believe we even had a discussion about how if Yandle were to ever be traded a player as good as him had to come back. A one-for-one deal. The whole ROR for Yandle made so much sense, especially if it went down two seasons ago.

The nice thing with the package is there is padding. If one of those four pieces turns into a positive player (great player, not elite) the trade looks alright. If two of those pieces become positive NHL players then even better and so on. Moore's play makes me wonder if we are now playing with Duclair, a 1st and a 2nd to equal Yanlde or surpass his value. The hope is Duclair does this on his own while the two prospects turn the trade into a steal and a flipping of Moore is the icing on the cake. Time will tell, but I would have been much more comfortable doing a one-for-one trade for a NHL proven center. On the other hand this trade could be a franchise changer, because a big reason we ended up in 29th is because Yandle was shipping out.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't want to pick anyone at 3rd. We absolutely MUST get McDavid or Eichel. Arizona or Buffalo MUST win the lottery. It's the only way out of of this tremendous ****ing mess.

If we pick 3rd, and I hope we don't, but if Hanifin is a talent like Jones or Ekblad, I would be happy. I have only limited games on Hanifin, and have not seen Strome or Marner play so I'm just going on what I have read.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
"Last time I checked, Arizona isn't playing hockey anymore"

Neither is he.

54081990.jpg

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Did one of the reporters insinuate he'd rather be with Arizona?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->