Waived: Vermette on Waivers for Buy-out by Yotes (2 years/1.75m per w/ Ducks)

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
After signing with Arizona and now the ducks, my guess is he likes warm weather. I wouldn't read into it much more than that.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
/\ Someone posted Antoine's discontent with Q here but I did find this article FWIW:

“I was playing well there. So, obviously it came as a surprise and a disappointment,†Vermette said. “I’m not going to lie. I was not happy with that, but my job is to be ready whenever I have a chance to be in the lineup, and that’s what I’m going to do.â€

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-blackhawks/blackhawks-vermette-teravainen-take-scratches-stride

However my REAL point was Kruger vs Vermette (and their respective contracts) at 3rd line center.

I was expecting the cavalry to arrive. :)
I have not seen anything from Vermette stating that he didn't want to play for Q. I have seen some speculation among beat writers about it, but nothing from himself.

As for Vermette over Kruger. I dont believe Vermette has much left, and if put into the same role as Kruger (shutdown role) Vermette wouldn't produc much either, and feel like Kruger is better defensively by a fair margin.

I don't care for Kruger at 3mil either, but our team is better with him than without.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
/\ Someone posted Antoine's discontent with Q here but I did find this article FWIW:

“I was playing well there. So, obviously it came as a surprise and a disappointment,†Vermette said. “I’m not going to lie. I was not happy with that, but my job is to be ready whenever I have a chance to be in the lineup, and that’s what I’m going to do.â€

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-blackhawks/blackhawks-vermette-teravainen-take-scratches-stride

However my REAL point was Kruger vs Vermette (and their respective contracts) at 3rd line center.

Sorry I'm arriving late and you've fallen on the stake yourself. I'm with you though.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I have not seen anything from Vermette stating that he didn't want to play for Q. I have seen some speculation among beat writers about it, but nothing from himself.

C'mon. It's rare that hockey players call out their coach/org about not being happy of a particular situation. Hell, Stalberg didn't do it and it was obvious to even a meatball fan that he did not like Q whatsoever. (I still love Roszival hinting about it at the convention a couple years back)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
C'mon. It's rare that hockey players call out their coach/org about not being happy of a particular situation. Hell, Stalberg didn't do it and it was obvious to even a meatball fan that he did not like Q whatsoever. (I still love Roszival hinting about it at the convention a couple years back)

I don't disagree with that, but that doesn't change the fact that he has never said it. So it's still speculation.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

It depends entirely on how that third line is deployed.

Kruger has been getting 3rd line minutes since 2013, the '3rd line' on the Blackhawks has always actually been the 4th line as far as minutes and deployment.

If the Kruger-Hossa idea is to be a shut-down line rather than a scoring line, then you take Kruger all day, every day. If it's intended to be a bum-slayer line, than the savings on Vermette might make him the better option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad