Waived: Vermette on Waivers for Buy-out by Yotes (2 years/1.75m per w/ Ducks)

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
He isn't that good, I mean come on. AZ didn't want him. Get over it.

Also, MTL in that interview showed some interest. I think he is going to MTL. And good for them, their forwards suck anyway.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It seemed that Vermy had no intention of going anywhere but Arizona for family reasons. That's what makes this whole thing so weird.

Yes, I do know this. I also think that if 1.) he and Q had a better relationship and 2.) Hawks made the similar contract offer in terms of years and AAV to him that they did to AA and ARZ made to AV that he probably would have been OK moving his family to Chicago.

But, you're right, it seemed he had only ARZ on his mind once Chicago moved on.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd be surprised if Chicago had interest at anything over 1mil. He didn't fit that well here, and he could help, but I don't think he would be much better than a few other options out there who could come cheaper.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Can't say I'm shocked that Vermette wasn't thrilled with how Q handled him.

But who knows, depending on the offers he gets and from who, he may be willing to give it another try.

Nor am I .... but the prospect of grabbing AV does open up a few possibilities. I haven't read this entire thread but here is my take:

- Once again Hawks may be faced with the option to sign a vet or go with youth. History says Hawks go with the vet, meaning another year of waiting for RFD prospects itching to get their chance at the bigs.
- Is there room on this club for AV and Kruger? Neither have much going for them offensively and Hawks need some scoring from the bottom 6. This could be the ideal time to move Kruger and free up some cap space.
- Does acquiring or not acquiring AV influence Vesey's decision? (assuming Hawks are even in the mix for his services)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1) When you guys type "AV" I keep thinking you're talking about Alain Vigneault :laugh:

2) any chance at very cheap, veteran, middle 6 players should be taken no questions asked. Vermette would be as cheap as a Rockford kid but also most likely better.

3) Kruger doesn't need to be, and shouldn't be traded if he's signed. We need all the forward depth we can get

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If the choice is between Vermette and Kruger, then you keep Kruger.

It's not though, since any Vermette discussion relies on the contract being 1mil or less.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Vermette was awful most of his time as a Hawk and he really wouldn't be much of a help to this team

He is on brink of washing out as a NHL player at this point

Haha. Just when I figured you would have realized you we 100% wrong about Vermette and also that being a seller at the deadline that year was a stupid mindset you come and post something even more stupid. Doubling down on uninformed and incorrect comments as usual.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Everyone wanted Vermette when his status on joining the Hawks was in the air. Now rumor has it he doesn't wish to be a Hawk again and everyone boards that bus claiming he's not a right fit. Ha.

It's now clear why other fan bases preach bandwagon when a Hawks fan walks by.

Well done boys.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Vermette looked done last year. I know he put up decent points but that was mostly because of ice time. He is still a smart player, but his legs are gone.

The Hawks need to get faster.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
We're talking about maybe signing a guy to a cheap contract. At that point, we should be expecting decent at best. Don't think any of us suggested that we go after him if he's looking for anything more than a dirt cheap deal.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Vermette was awful most of his time as a Hawk and he really wouldn't be much of a help to this team

He is on brink of washing out as a NHL player at this point

Haha. Just when I figured you would have realized you we 100% wrong about Vermette and also that being a seller at the deadline that year was a stupid mindset you come and post something even more stupid. Doubling down on uninformed and incorrect comments as usual.

I'm not so sure about that this time BK. Vermette didn't exactly excel here and he isn't getting any younger. Take away his prowess at the dot and there's not a heck of a lot left at this stage in his career that's the least bit impressive. NHL teams are getting faster every year and Hawks are lagging in that regard. We need more speed throughout the line-up which is something that will mostly come with youth.... not another aging veteran who's best years are behind him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Everyone wanted Vermette when his status on joining the Hawks was in the air. Now rumor has it he doesn't wish to be a Hawk again and everyone boards that bus claiming he's not a right fit. Ha.

It's now clear why other fan bases preach bandwagon when a Hawks fan walks by.

Well done boys.

Speak for yourself.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not so sure about that this time BK. Vermette didn't exactly excel here and he isn't getting any younger. Take away his prowess at the dot and there's not a heck of a lot left at this stage in his career that's the least bit impressive. NHL teams are getting faster every year and Hawks are lagging in that regard. We need more speed throughout the line-up which is something that will mostly come with youth.... not another aging veteran who's best years are behind him.

Once Vermette acclimated to the lineup he was a good player in the playoffs. His line was really good in the cup final. Saying he was bad in his time here is 100% inccorrect because he was brought in to help us win the cup and was a big factor in doing so.

He is no longer a top 6 player but to say he is close to washing out is again 100% incorrect. He is a more than capable bottom 6 center. Arizona was ****ing terrible last year and it started with their brutal goaltending. If you look at his number once he started playing with someone who actually tried on d (Tanguy) you will see that he would be a solid 3/4c for the Hawks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Problem is, Vermette won't be playing with a Patrick Sharp and a good Teravainen. He will be playing with the likes of Desjardins, Panik, Mashinter, Tootoo, Hartman, etc.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Problem is, Vermette won't be playing with a Patrick Sharp and a good Teravainen. He will be playing with the likes of Desjardins, Panik, Mashinter, Tootoo, Hartman, etc.

Vermette with Hinostroza, Hartman, Motte, etc. would be more than fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00