Post-Game Talk: Verizon Capitals vs. BB&T Panthers. 7:30pm. 10.20.2016 (The Stadium Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
3 deflections! When was the last time that happened? :loony:

At least 2 anyway. I still think they may wind up switching 3rd goal to #2 tomorrow.

Swede line sure moves puck around nicely.

Bura could score 30 this year if that line stays intact.

Still waiting for the Kuz magic to re-establish itself. He was so freaking dynamic first 2/3rds of last year. At least he got off the schneid tonight, goal wise. That one was a lohnnng time coming.

Alzner so steady. Best d-man on team IMO.

Does winnick get the robe for laying out on that PK slapper?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Burn the 2nd period tape. Worst period of the year so far.

Nice on the two points.

Thanks mojo for a point after I picked him up on my fantasy team.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Maybe the CSN feed was inconclusive but the FSN feed pretty clearly showed it deflected off of Ovechkin's stick.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Burn the 2nd period tape. Worst period of the year so far.

Nice on the two points.

Thanks mojo for a point after I picked him up on my fantasy team.

Haha, I'm fine with him scoring a goal. It's assists and blocked shots that are going down to the wire.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Translation: He's becoming a vet, so he's allowed some things that the young players aren't allowed to do.

To some extent, yeah, especially regarding his new crosschecks, but his overall physical presence has also improved. Less mild, more wild, more willing to initiate and persist in scrums. He's still not going to blow you up center-ice, but it looks like his hits along the boards have more heft to them and he's better about pushing/pinning skaters with his upper body strength.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I was wondering why he was warthing in pain when the puck looked to miss the face.

I thought in clipped his temple on the back of the helmet in the replay.

I was terrified he was going to get blasted square in the back of the head, then I thought he cracked his jaw.

Ear is relatively mild.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
To some extent, yeah, especially regarding his new crosschecks, but his overall physical presence has also improved. Less mild, more wild, more willing to initiate and persist in scrums. He's still not going to blow you up center-ice, but it looks like his hits along the boards have more heft to them and he's better about pushing/pinning skaters with his upper body strength.

He probably gained some strength over the summer during his recovery for the injury he got in game 6 of the 2nd round.

Also, the more you play hockey, the less crap you are willing to take from other players. This is why Iginla looked grumpy the other night, he just doesn't have the patience to deal with all the antics. You see it in other players too, Johansson has become a lot nastier under Trotz.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Unfortunately I can't sign into HFBoards at work, so most games I won't be on. Glad to see the caps fight through a horrible period and get a road win vs a good playoff capable team.

In regards to the lack of guys on this board, while I agree some of it has to do with the lack of interest with the regular season (lets be honest, this is a 82 game pre-season for a lot of us). But I do think there are some things this board could do to help stimulate the conversation.

I don't know why we have the limit on threads. We have a game thread, roster thread and NHL thread. Most active boards let members start a lot more than that. With all the conversations getting jumbled into a couple huge threads its hard to keep it going. Why not have a thread talking about Orlov, one on MoJo, one on the PP ect.. Its easier to follow and helps stimulate a lot more conversation then just two massive threads. Just a thought.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Unfortunately I can't sign into HFBoards at work, so most games I won't be on. Glad to see the caps fight through a horrible period and get a road win vs a good playoff capable team.

In regards to the lack of guys on this board, while I agree some of it has to do with the lack of interest with the regular season (lets be honest, this is a 82 game pre-season for a lot of us). But I do think there are some things this board could do to help stimulate the conversation.

I don't know why we have the limit on threads. We have a game thread, roster thread and NHL thread. Most active boards let members start a lot more than that. With all the conversations getting jumbled into a couple huge threads its hard to keep it going. Why not have a thread talking about Orlov, one on MoJo, one on the PP ect.. Its easier to follow and helps stimulate a lot more conversation then just two massive threads. Just a thought.

I agree with you. When I come here, I always just see if I read the whole conversation in these 3 threads only. The player specific threads are never used. It's funny when you look up the Ovechkin thread and the first posts are from 2013, calling him garbage, a coach killer and a cancer for the team.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I will hardly see many games in regular season this time. Long summer is until February now.

When you don't watch games its hard to comment actively too.

No problem with threads though.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

The megathreads have been a source if contention for many years, but I'm a lot less active than I used to be for other reasons. There's a persistent negative tone to the conversation here that really wears on me after a while. Unfortunately that starts with leadership.

This forum has also fallen into a weird groupthink attitude that is unwelcoming to outsiders and new opinions.

Too bad HF is the only highly active NHL forum around.

I still really like the GDTs, but I don't know how you guys keep fighting the same fights over and over in the megathreads without going nuts.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
it's early in the season and I think a lot of us are worn out from the wash, rinse, repeat cycle. I bet there are some checking in and lurking but not posting as much until the TDL comes closer and into the playoffs.

It's sooo early but the Caps are looking decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad