NHL Entry Draft: Velociraptor's Annual NHL Mock Entry Draft: DRAFTING THREAD - COMPLETE

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
:ducks

are proud to select, LW Ben Thomson of the Kitchener Rangers

Thomson20104153.jpg

Thought he would be gone a lot earlier.​

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
The Nashville Predators select, with their final pick of the draft (our 7th belongs to Philly from the Hamhuis-trade), D Craig Duininck of the Windsor Spitfires.

Preds draft:
1st round: D Scott Mayfield
2nd round: C/W Rocco Grimaldi
2nd round: W Philippe Hudon
3rd round: G Samu Perhonen
4th round: W David Broll
5th round: D Rasmus Bengtsson
6th round: D Craig Duininck

Thank you to Velociraptor for creating and running this mock. It was fun, as always.

Mtl PM'd.

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
With the 171st pick of the nhl draft, Montréal are pleased to select defensemen Ed Wittchow from Burnsville H.S.

Big (and still growing) defenceman has seemingly come out of nowhere.Shows elite mobility and skating for his size,and a mean streak,too - Redline report March edition

next gm pm'ed

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
:nucks

With the 180th overall selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Vancouver Canucks select from the Belleville Bulls of the Ontario Hockey League, Goaltender, Tyson Teichmann

5049653664_0c329668f9_b.jpg

PM sent.

Canuck71*

The :sens select from Mississauga (OHL), D, Dylan Demelo.

Next GM has been notified.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
:isles

With the 183rd overall selection, the New York Islanders are proud to select, from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League, center Nick Cousins

nick-cousins22.jpg

New York Islanders 2011 Draft
1st Round, 3rd Overall: Sean Couturier, C, Drummondville (QMJHL)
2nd Round, 33rd Overall: Dmitri Jaskin, RW, Slavia Praha (Czech)
2nd Round, 45th Overall: Joe Morrow, D, Portland (WHL)
3rd Round, 79th Overall: Robbie Russo, D, U18 NTDP (USHL)
4th Round, 93rd Overall: Michael Mersch, LW, Wisconsin (NCAA)
5th Round, 123rd Overall: Victor Berglind, D, Brynäs (SEL)
5th Round, 131st Overall: Mike Morrison, G, Kitchener (OHL)
6th Round, 153rd Overall: Marek Tvrdoň, RW, Vancouver (WHL)
7th Round, 183rd Overall: Nick Cousins, C, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)

Since this is my last pick, I figured I've give some self-analysis (and encourage everyone else making their last picks to do the same). Very happy with how this draft turned out. Couturier is the obvious stud who'll be projected to take the 2nd line center spot Josh Bailey hasn't exactly seized. Getting Jaskin + Morrow with my next two picks added two more bluechippers, and I don't regret trading up for Morrow because in my opinion he had slipped and I like the balance of getting a center, winger, and defenseman who will all most likely play in the NHL. As for my other picks: Russo + Berglind both have offensive upside as defensemen, Mersch can develop at Wisconsin for a couple years, Morrison is another goalie in the system, Tvrdon is a strong winger whose injury forced him down boards, and Cousins is a PPG OHL Center taken in the 7th round. Honestly, I'd be happy if the real-life Islanders traded all their picks for the three guys I got first.

Next gm pm'd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad