Veleno headed back to Drummondville

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I have a good idea on whete this team is going to try and fit Ras on. What role will Svechnikov be playing? An upgrade on our grinders?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I have a good idea on whete this team is going to try and fit Ras on. What role will Svechnikov be playing? An upgrade on our grinders?
I don't see room anywhere else.

Ras looks slotted for top6 for sure. Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Nielsen, Nyquist will take the other 5 spots and I think we can be pretty damn sure about that.

By all accounts the 3rd line looks like AA / Vanek / Someone. So far my money is on Helm because Blash has done it in preseason and talked about giving them a forechecker. Helm's a forechecker.

That leaves the 4th line for Svech.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It will be Rasmussen and Svechnikov.
we have
Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Rus-AA-Vanek
Aby-Nielson-Jokinen
Helm-Gleny-Svechnikov( Frk, Witkowsky)
unless we have injury or trade , not much space to bring kids, same on defense.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
we have
Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Rus-AA-Vanek
Aby-Nielson-Jokinen
Helm-Gleny-Svechnikov( Frk, Witkowsky)
unless we have injury or trade , not much space to bring kids, same on defense.

Jokinen isn't under contract and you're missing Nyquist. Rasmussen and Svechnikov are kids that weren't regulars prior to this season. How many more should they carry?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Blashill comments about Veleno:

Blashill admitted that Veleno could be on the fast track to Detroit if things work out.
"We told him, have a focus of trying to make the team next year," Blashill said. "Now he's got to go have a great year. It starts by going and having a great year. Ken talked about that. We talked about more speed from the top of the circle to the top of the circle. He's got to get going so he doesn't get caught by the track. Then, like any player, he could probably get away with a bunch of stuff defensively in that league that he's not going to get away with at our level and you got to have the coaches' trust in order to play. If he does those things and has a great summer, then he puts himself in a position to compete for a spot a year from now."

Notes: Hronek still finding his way in preseason

More about Veleno:
"I think you have to make a real mental decision that you're not just going to be real good for that level, you're going to do all the things it's going to take to allow you to be great at the next level," Blashill said. "Lots of guys don't do that. But at least he has the awareness and now it's his choice to make. To skate hard from the top of the circle to the top of the circle, without the puck. Getting used to three hard strides as hard as he can with the puck isn't something that he would be incapable of doing at that level. He's got lots of craftiness but he wants to go into what I call the tripod too quick instead of exploding with three strides right away. He can get better at that, he can get better for sure at building that body into an NHL body, that's one thing that's easy to do at any other level.
"The defensive side of things, I think just the consciousness. My understanding is Team Canada wants him to make sure he's great defensively if he wants to make the world junior team so it's good for us. It goes hand in hand."

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Drummondville is going to be really good this year, seems like. They annihilated Shawinigan 12-1 last night. Looks like they've split up their big guns, with Veleno playing with some younger guys in Corbeil and Desruisseaux. It says a lot that he was still able to be dominant out there.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I think Veleno makes the Wings next season and skips the AHL altogether (except maybe a few games at the end of this year when/if his season finishes in Drummondville first)

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Im just glad Mr Drummond got an entire ville named after him. He did a lot of for those poor orphan boys.
I only know Drummondville as the home of the Canadian equivalent of Dunder-Mifflin, (formerly known as) Crain-Drummond.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad