Pre-Game Talk: Vegas @ Winnipeg 15 January - Nighty night, Knights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2006
Statsny comes from a great hockey family and seems like a good guy.
Yet it seems to me that the dollars is what is important to him.
Remember he signed for 4 x 7 million with St. Louis. I think he was a bit overpaid.
And then he decided to sign with our "friends" at Vegas cause they gave him an extra million.

Ya I'm sore at him.
I can't recall, did the Jets make him an actual offer? Or was it just rumour that there was an offer on the table?

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I can't recall, did the Jets make him an actual offer? Or was it just rumour that there was an offer on the table?
we shipped mason and had to give armia for them to take his contract in an attempt to sign him and last minute he took vegas deal instead.. so he boned us

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
we shipped mason and had to give armia for them to take his contract in an attempt to sign him and last minute he took vegas deal instead.. so he boned us

No. Jets had to do that regardless. Had Statsny signed Myers or Perreault would have had to be moved as well. Stastny had no obligation to sign in WPG, he did what he thought was best for him. That's not "boning: any one.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
No. Jets had to do that regardless. Had Statsny signed Myers or Perreault would have had to be moved as well. Stastny had no obligation to sign in WPG, he did what he thought was best for him. That's not "boning: any one.
are u positive we had to lose armia and mason for no reason? even if we didnt get statsny ?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No every thing reported was the Jets were the front runner until the last minute. It is not like the player is in the dark until an 'official" offer is made. They would be talking years vs. AAV, amount of signing bonus, NMC etc. Stastny new exactly what was on the table from the Jets. It was just less than LV.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
i was under impression we were only over the cap by hundreds of k not millions and cld have kept mason and trade a lesser talent dano/petan o both and be under cap but only did the mason armia deal because they thought stats was signing. guess im wrong still boo statsny and those dessert losers! even tho i think signing him wld have been a mistake

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
i was under impression we were only over the cap by hundreds of k not millions and cld have kept mason and trade a lesser talent dano/petan o both and be under cap but only did the mason armia deal because they thought stats was signing. guess im wrong still boo statsny and those dessert losers! even tho i think signing him wld have been a mistake

No including bonuses jets would have been like 3-4 million over. Technically that's fine but it means 3-4 million less NEXT year. Jets dont want that will be raises coming up. And trading a petan/dano wouldn't save ANY cap space since replacements for those would cost as much or more.

So yes Mason and armia had to go regardless. To sign Stastny they would have had to trade Perreault or Myers or both.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Stastny was a huge huge factor in us beating Nashville in game 7, he deserves a loud applause in my opinion.

Dude was a warrior for us in the playoffs

Stastny was good in the playoffs, but the Jet's will be as "happy" they did not sign him as they were with not signing Ladd. He's to old, injury prone and way to expensive for what he brings to the table IMO. I'm glad he went to Vegas -- it's a gambling kind of town.

Also, I'd say Little is just as good, or very close.

Last edited:

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018

Stastny was good in the playoffs, but the Jet's will be as "happy" they did not sign him as they were with not signing Ladd. He's to old, injury prone and way to expensive for what he brings to the table IMO. I'm glad he went to Vegas -- it's a gambling kind of town.

I agree completely, he was fantastic for us, but we could not afford what he was asking, simply was not possible. You are right, injury prone and aging.

Reactions: GNP

folix

Jul 24, 2011
This is my most hated franchise in the NHL. Its a pompous- over hyped because of the city- buy a cup biz model- because cash is king in the NHL everything else matters not club. F them and their fans and their ownership. The fact that they screwed Jets over last year during the playoffs with shutting the lights off, the police tape incident and then harassing Winnipeg fans by throwing Canadian flags into the garbage and forcing fans to remove jets capes and signs for placement in the trash before entry is a new low for sports.

So yeah F them, I hope we crush dreams and hopes tomorrow, this is one team I wouldnt bat an eye lash if we beat them 20-0. They deserve it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This is my most hated franchise in the NHL. Its a pompous- over hyped because of the city- buy a cup biz model- because cash is king in the NHL everything else matters not club. F them and their fans and their ownership. The fact that they screwed Jets over last year during the playoffs with shutting the lights off, the police tape incident and then harassing Winnipeg fans by throwing Canadian flags into the garbage and forcing fans to remove jets capes and signs for placement in the trash before entry is a new low for sports.

So yeah F them, I hope we crush dreams and hopes tomorrow, this is one team I wouldnt bat an eye lash if we beat them 20-0. They deserve it.
I love the hate. Kind of how I feel about the Leafs, but LV has moved up to number 3 on my hate list with only the Oilers after the Leafs.

Reactions: Ducky10

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am expecting us to come out like a house on fire. I doubt anyone in our room needs any extra incentive to bring their best tomorrow.

I would like to see a double digit goal total.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Wow that's the first I heard of that ... the fans should have banded together and hired a lawyer. Weird no media coverage on this but I did see the Alberta family that had their season tickets revoked.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
No every thing reported was the Jets were the front runner until the last minute. It is not like the player is in the dark until an 'official" offer is made. They would be talking years vs. AAV, amount of signing bonus, NMC etc. Stastny new exactly what was on the table from the Jets. It was just less than LV.
I think Stastny was using the Jets to get a higher contract. Notice once Chevy made the trade to make it seem like he's clearing space for Stastny ... Vegas quickly signed him. Who knows maybe Chevy wanted another team to over pay for Stastny.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Stastny was using the Jets to get a higher contract. Notice once Chevy made the trade to make it seem like he's clearing space for Stastny ... Vegas quickly signed him. Who knows maybe Chevy wanted another team to over pay for Stastny.
Interesting idea.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Stastny was a huge huge factor in us beating Nashville in game 7, he deserves a loud applause in my opinion.

Dude was a warrior for us in the playoffs

Wow, seriously, maybe we have a parade down Portage Ave for him or even name a street after him! Those 36 games with Stats in a Jets uniform was the best thing about Jets 2.0 so far right!:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad