Pre-Game Talk: Vegas vs Toronto (tuesday game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Matthews does well when the puck is cycled behind the net. Get Marner away from Matthews. Try Nylander-Tavares-Marner

If Matthews has another big night and then goes stale when Marner comes back. It's time for Keefe to stop worrying about individual players.

Last edited:

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I think skill wise he is capable of that... but unless his atitude has changed he'll never reach it. Maybe it was a Buffalo thing... guess we'll see, but he was not in a mental state where he could ever reach his potential.

He was never as good as Matthews, and never will be.
I agree with your overall point, but just pointing out that Matthews took his game to the next level in 2019/20... but that included playing under Babcock that year. He was pacing for 55 goals/100 points when Babcock got fired.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Screenshot_20220111-162224_Sheets.jpg

Reactions: TMLife17

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Matthews does well when the puck is cycled behind the net. Get Marner away from Matthews. Try Nylander-Tavares-Marner

If Matthews has another big night and then goes stale when Marner comes back. It's time for Keefe to stop worrying about individual players.
He won't guaranteed
16 will go right back on PP1 bc Dubas/Keefe have no balls and have to save face and appease 16

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
He won't guaranteed
16 will go right back on PP1 bc Dubas/Keefe have no balls and have to save face and appease 16

What exactly are they saving face about? Dubas I guess I can get where you are coming from? Keefe?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
What exactly are they saving face about? Dubas I guess I can get where you are coming from? Keefe?

I really don't include Keefe because he a first year coach who has to follow his GM
On another board I'm on people were saying you just can't pull Marner off the PP because of his salart and that's the same for other teams - salary and stature dictate.

I say f*** that

Reactions: Jojalu

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Now that that tuesday gezame y'all! We still thuggin! WHAT!!!! They ain't no gangsta, we is. They ain't no reaves anymore... WE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

ps remember that "Angel heart" film by Alan Parker. The man Mickey Rourke says in that..."You know what day today is? It's wednesday, its anything can happen day!" But yeah, that day..is after this tuesday sire.

I absolutely loved that movie. De Niro had such a menacing presence as Satan. When he was eating that egg, you could feel the contempt for humanity. Mickey Rourke was amazing as well. They don’t make em like that anymore. Garbage Netflix movies or childish comic book flicks are the gold standard today. Sad I’m saying that because I’m not even old lol.

Anyway, let’s get that win. I don’t like Vegas.

Reactions: Coachcorner

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I absolutely loved that movie. De Niro had such a menacing presence as Satan. When he was eating that egg, you could feel the contempt for humanity. Mickey Rourke was amazing as well. They don’t make em like that anymore. Garbage Netflix movies or childish comic book flicks are the gold standard today. Sad I’m saying that because I’m not even old lol.

Always loved that movie. Maybe time to watch it again.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

You already knew sire... that film is 5/5. The musique also is.... hauting and mesmerazing as F. Even the film moves from cold to hot from start to finish..... that is some hard dirt right thurr sire.

We are making our stand tonight also through this film's legacy..... "WE KNOW WHO WE ARE!!! WE KNOW WHO WE ARE!!!!!!!".

Reactions: Confucius

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
You already knew sire... that film is 5/5. The musique also is.... hauting and mesmerazing as F. Even the film moves from cold to hot from start to finish..... that is some hard dirt right thurr sire.

We are making our stand tonight also through this film's legacy..... "WE KNOW WHO WE ARE!!! WE KNOW WHO WE ARE!!!!!!!".

Wish I could like this post but since I can’t; thumbs up!

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
An interesting note is Hitchcock discussed the importance of the 3C on a team with a great 1-2 punch. That 3rd line guy needs to play the tough minutes and does the heavy lifting. It feels like we've been looking for that since Kadri was traded and found it in Kampf. His offense definitely lacks but Kase helps makeup for that as his running mate on the 3rd line

Totally agreed! They’ve been an awesome duo almost to the point that they need a nickname

Reactions: leafsfan5

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
"Matthews loves to tear Vegas a new one, and he's gonna be pissed that they got Eichel instead of waiting for him to sign as a UFA."

"A big IF, but if Eichel can return to previous form, he's superior to Matthews."

lol Vegas fans are clowns. Hope the suck for a long time.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hate late starts. Will need to watch this from my desk in the morning.

I have a feeling, based on nothing, that this is going to be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad