Pre-Game Talk: Vegas vs Toronto (tuesday game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Vegas plays a different style of game then one the Leafs are generally use to, so this will be another good measuring stick for the Buds tonight.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
He's the best RW on the team and you play your best players on the PP because that's where they belong.

Overly simplistic view and not how it works.

Your purpose on the PP is to score. If you can’t convert on your chances, you will struggle, particularly in the playoffs.

The numbers clearly show the PP does better without him, therefore you do what’s best for the team.

I don’t care about individual players, no matter who they are.

If Blobbo Slobovitch scores on the PP, I play him on it……

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He is but you are known to hate Simmer

Definitely did not like when we signed him for $1.5. But I was wrong and he ended up earning that deal, and I was happy to sign him at $0.9 this time.

Not sure what this has to do with Keefe putting simmonds on the 3rd line instead of Ritchie tho!

Reactions: NinjaKick

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Your irrational hate for Marner is showing

I don't think it's hate. Most of what people call "Hate" is just honest criticism or facts. I love Marner, but he's just way too predictable on the PP. He's not a shooting threat at all, he has the puck and the PK just plays 4 on 4 covering all the passes allowing Mitch an open shooting lane that never amounts to anything. He either forces a bad pass that leads to a turnover, or has a muffin shot. The PP is far more effective without him on the top unit. I think playing the second unit would be better for him too, he'd be against the opposing teams 2nd PK squad where I think he could deal some serious damage. It's not hating to suggest the PP is better without him on the top unit, it's just been a fact this year. One could suggest it's bad luck and a numbers thing that would even out over a long stretch. But by the eye-test I don't think that's the case.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Vegas plays a different style of game then one the Leafs are generally use to, so this will be another good measuring stick for the Buds tonight.
Leafs biggest issue is playing a full 60 mins. they tend to only play 40-45 mins and the rest of the time forget what they are doing.
its like on-ice version of early stage Alzheimer's, where for about 90% of the time you know everything, and 10%, you have no clue what you are doing

Reactions: PROUD PAPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad