Vegas - unbeatable?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Vegas was my pick to win the West since midseason but I think the Caps can beat them. Caps lost to the cup winning Pens two years in a row as the favorites but have learned a valuable lesson. They just need to clear game 7.

Between the Caps, the Lightning, and the Golden Knights, any of these teams can beat the others 4 of 7. This will be a very closely matched final that depending on each side's effort can go 4 or 7 games. How do you like my commitment to a prediction? :laugh:

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Between the Caps, the Lightning, and the Golden Knights, any of these teams can beat the others 4 of 7. This will be a very closely matched final that depending on each side's effort can go 4 or 7 games. How do you like my commitment to a prediction? :laugh:
I called VGK since midseason so I'm both happy and pissed off. Happy that I called it when everyone was saying they were unsustainable, and also for their franchise and pissed that I didn't bet at +20000

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I called VGK since midseason so I'm both happy and pissed off. Happy that I called it when everyone was saying they were unsustainable, and also for their franchise and pissed that I didn't bet at +20000

You wouldn't have caught good odds at midseason, so chinup. You would've had to take the bet preseason.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Vegas would be better off if the Caps win on Wednesday, so they get home ice. And when they invariably win the Cup in 5 games, it will be at home and Bettman won't get booed.

Yes, unstoppable.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Vegas would be better off if the Caps win on Wednesday, so they get home ice. And when they invariably win the Cup in 5 games, it will be at home and Bettman won't get booed.

Yes, unstoppable.
Caps have a chip on their shoulder though.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
?

He created a comparison. So I highlighted the reason as to why it’s not comparable.

Developing your own team and winning it, in a league with no salary cap is much different than winning it as a direct result of having the league require other teams to make (better) players available (“Better” per Bill Daly).

I don’t expect expansion teams to find players off the streets. It would have to come through an expansion draft. Obviously.

LC’s players come through the transfer window and their Academy.

Your defensiveness is both funny and ridiculous.

His comparison was based on the long odds to win the title at season's beginning. Had nothing to do with how the teams were built. Why not point out that one plays a sport with a round ball and the other plays a sport a frozen disc as your reason for why it's not comparable?

Your defensiveness is both hypocritical and ironic.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I would certainly prefer home ice advantage.
Home ice works for me because we would go to game 5 before leaving for Mexico the next day. A late night SCF t-shirt and hat purchase to wear at check-in Friday would be in order. We can only afford one game this round, and if bolts it will be 4.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Ive loved that genius George ever sense he had the brilliance and forsight to rob the Preds blind by sneaking away with Erat and Latta and only leaving us Forsberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad