Vegas to host 2024 SuperBowl

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
With all all of these requirements I think we will see a rotation of LA, Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Vegas, Phoenix and maybe Houston. If a large northern city builds a indoor stadium maybe the NFL will go there once.
I don't want just those cities, I want every city to have a shot at hosting a Super Bowl so that every stadium knows they are guaranteed at least one NFL playoff game over a 30-year period even if their tenants aren't involved.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Cleveland getting to host a Super Bowl would be a perfect apology by the NFL to the city for how the Modell move set the Browns back over two decades, as well as forcing the Browns to shut down for three years while the Ravens won two Super Bowls in less than 20 seasons without ever having an expansion draft instead of forcing Art Modell to sell the Browns to an owner willing to keep the team in Cleveland (while playing at Ohio State for three seasons while their new stadium is built) and then giving Modell a version of the Ravens that was built through the expansion draft in 1998.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
$150/night = luxury? Not in Vegas. :sarcasm:

For a big event like Super Bowl or CES, I'd expect Bellagio to be at least $250/night for a room. (Maybe double if you want a fountain view.) (Plus resort fees)

It might be $150+resort fees for something mid-level like MGM Grand or New York New York.

(There is exactly one non-smoking resort on the Strip. And one existing and one pending "adults only" -- IOW no families -- resorts in town, as of today.)

doublejman

Oct 28, 2016

For a big event like Super Bowl or CES, I'd expect Bellagio to be at least $250/night for a room. (Maybe double if you want a fountain view.) (Plus resort fees)

It might be $150+resort fees for something mid-level like MGM Grand or New York New York.

(There is exactly one non-smoking resort on the Strip. And one existing and one pending "adults only" -- IOW no families -- resorts in town, as of today.)
When Indianapolis hosted the Super Bowl downtown Indianapolis only had 2-3 4 star hotels, I’m guessing those were reserved for A-listers, media executives and the like, no one was going to resell them. Outside of New York, LA and maybe Miami hotel rooms would be higher than usual when hosting the SB, but not 4000 dollars for a holiday inn 150 dollar room.

doublejman

Oct 28, 2016
Cleveland getting to host a Super Bowl would be a perfect apology by the NFL to the city for how the Modell move set the Browns back over two decades, as well as forcing the Browns to shut down for three years while the Ravens won two Super Bowls in less than 20 seasons without ever having an expansion draft instead of forcing Art Modell to sell the Browns to an owner willing to keep the team in Cleveland (while playing at Ohio State for three seasons while their new stadium is built) and then giving Modell a version of the Ravens that was built through the expansion draft in 1998.
If you want a super bowl in Cleveland I suggest that you, yourself BigZMan spend 5-10 billion dollars to build a indoor stadium, a indoor venue like a convention center to host all the NFL activities that go on during the week, luxury hotels, overhaul mass transit and then pay workers when the SB is going on. I think it’s only fair.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
When Indianapolis hosted the Super Bowl downtown Indianapolis only had 2-3 4 star hotels, I’m guessing those were reserved for A-listers, media executives and the like, no one was going to resell them. Outside of New York, LA and maybe Miami hotel rooms would be higher than usual when hosting the SB, but not 4000 dollars for a holiday inn 150 dollar room.
LA hotel prices were insane this year. My wife and I lucked out with an AirBnb near the stadium.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

I'm expecting $150 a night to get you Circus Circus/Excaliber level rooms during Superbowl week.

Reactions: LadyStanley

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
I think the NFL should overlook Cleveland's weather issues coupled with having an outdoor stadium and award a Super Bowl out of guilt for the settlement keeping the Browns from having a home playoff game since coming back.

Each of the 17 stadiums that opened after 1999 has either hosted a Super Bowl and/or a home playoff game for at least one of its tenants, or in the case of Allegiant Stadium, is scheduled to host a Super Bowl.

And that is not fair in the least. Therefore, the NFL should give a Super Bowl to Cleveland, weather be damned.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I think the NFL should overlook Cleveland's weather issues coupled with having an outdoor stadium and award a Super Bowl out of guilt for the settlement keeping the Browns from having a home playoff game since coming back.

Each of the 17 stadiums that opened after 1999 has either hosted a Super Bowl and/or a home playoff game for at least one of its tenants, or in the case of Allegiant Stadium, is scheduled to host a Super Bowl.

And that is not fair in the least. Therefore, the NFL should give a Super Bowl to Cleveland, weather be damned.

It's not the NFL's problem that the Browns suck.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
It's not the NFL's problem that the Browns suck.
It is. They were the ones who allowed Art Modell to take their personnel to form the Ravens in 1996, rather than forcing Modell to sell the Browns to an owner willing to keep the team in Cleveland while being promised a team in Baltimore built from the ground up.

If they knew things would turn out the way they did, they would have done exactly what I said.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

No, it's not.

The Panthers have been to 2 Super Bowls! The Jaguars have hosted 4 playoff games, and been to 3 AFC Title games, including 2 in their 1st 5 years! The Texans have hosted 6 playoff games, winning 4 of them.

Expansion teams can compete, the Browns are just incredibly mismanaged.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I think the NFL should overlook Cleveland's weather issues coupled with having an outdoor stadium and award a Super Bowl
Start with tens of thousands of hotel rooms, add a convention center space, or few.

(I can find occupancy rates for Cleveland, but not # of rooms. Vegas has 150k or so rooms.)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Legacy Grant presented at Neon Museum. (Great backdrop for those who have never visited a favorite place to take visitors.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad