GDT: Vegas strip vs Washington's 14th Street - 7:08pm

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I thought he had four goals which would indeed put him under 30 this season. Turns out he has five goals so my math was slightly off. But if you believe this season’s version of Ovie going forward will make it to 895, you will be sorely disappointed. I know, this is heresy to state on this forum.
LOL. Get a grip bud.

He’s scored 5 goals in 11 games….as one of the sole weapons on the team. He will get close to 40 (if not more).

You can “doubt” a lot of things about this team, as many are …. But doubting Ovechkin before he actually proves one should doubt him…. Is Stupid.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm pretty happy with our goalies after seasons of Samsonov / VV
Oh hellllllll yes….

1667414740041.gif

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
LOL. Get a grip bud.

He’s scored 5 goals in 11 games….as one of the sole weapons on the team. He will get close to 40 (if not more).

You can “doubt” a lot of things about this team, as many are …. But doubting Ovechkin before he actually proves one should doubt him…. Is Stupid.
You just stated the problem, bud. Ovie is the sole scoring weapon right now and if you don’t believe that will curtail his scoring opportunities as the season progresses, so be it.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Apparently we're just supposed to clap and chant and not have any questions or discussion about the team. Expectations be damned, if you're not cheering you're just a curmudgeon!

Nobody needs this false dichotomy pity party shit.

You can criticize the team all you want. But if your thing is to act like a baby and cry every day no matter what happens don't expect everyone to treat you like the King of England.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

You can criticize the team all you want. But if your thing is to act like a baby and cry every day no matter what happens don't expect everyone to treat you like the King of England.
Okay, well then how about starting with not responding to every and any criticism of the team with "lul mad about CMC" when I made no mention of him.

As you said, I'm sorry you're upset about CMM and are never happy. But that's really not my problem. Imma keep talking about the team, pointing out issues or talking about what they're doing and if your thing is going to be to act like a baby and cry every day when I or other's do don't expect everyone to hop to attention and cut it out like you're the King of England.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Okay, well then how about starting with not responding to every and any criticism of the team with "lul mad about CMC" when I made no mention of him.

As you said, I'm sorry you're upset about CMM and are never happy. But that's really not my problem. Imma keep talking about the team, pointing out issues or talking about what they're doing and if your thing is going to be to act like a baby and cry every day when I or other's do don't expect everyone to hop to attention and cut it out like you're the King of England.

Don't try and play the mirror game. I don't care. Everyone sees all the bitching and whining going on.

The CMM comment was not directed at you, remember?

Insightful analysis deserves praise. Constantly complaining about the team no matter what, with zero context or appreciation for the nuances of what's going on as a professional sports franchise, get what it deserves.

You can choose which camp you fall into and nobody ever said otherwise.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Don't try and play the mirror game. I don't care. Everyone sees all the bitching and whining going on.

The CMM comment was not directed at you, remember?

Insightful analysis deserves praise. Constantly complaining about the team no matter what, with zero context or appreciation for the nuances of what's going on as a professional sports franchise, get what it deserves.

You can choose which camp you fall into and nobody ever said otherwise.
there's the false dichotomy right there.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
there's the false dichotomy right there.

No it's not.

Good commentary deserves praise, shitty commentary deserves to be called shitty commentary. That's not a false dichotomy it's merit-based treatment.

Why are you so upset about this?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Someone just posted the salary totals represented by all our IR players and it's over 40% of our cap hit.

IMO stealing 2pts from those games against those opponents under those circumstances is worth some consideration, and everyone who contributed deserves a bit of credit.

Hopefully all the young players can step in and step up.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Pretty awesome we held VGK to 1 goal for so long with such a decimated lineup back end of a b2b, can't blame the team for giving up a 2nd goal and having to go OT

Happy we took 1 pt here where it's a "scheduled loss", and 1 from one of the top teams in CAR

Super happy we've got Kuemper/Lindgren in net

Shocked Hathaway came back after getting his knee folded and sat on sideways, that's the Rx for an ACL snapping

5gms straight now (since NJD) that we've been playing "overall good" hockey

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
No it's not.

Good commentary deserves praise, shitty commentary deserves to be called shitty commentary. That's not a false dichotomy it's merit-based treatment.

Why are you so upset about this?
About watching you play thought police and insisting that everyone you're tired of hearing from just doesn't "get" enough of what's happening, or whatever this bullshit is:

when you do more proactive crying about the crying than anyone else? You think you're contributing to some kind of positive board experience when you say other people are "nitpicking about offensive substance" or the coaching and then recognize in the same day that the Capitals have dogshit shot volume and consistently lack the ability to gain the interior in the offensive zone? Why do you get to pick who has something to say and who is just crying like a baby?

Maybe these long time posters should fight their own battles instead of letting you be the arbiter of change on this one? Your approach right now is to invalidate a bunch of people because you disapprove of the quality of the discourse, which is... a bad way to get any discourse.

Reactions: Jags

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
After this game im of the opinion that Oshie and Carlson should be traded. Didn't feel like they were missed at all. Throw in the underutilized CMM in the trade and possibly a first rounder and get either a true 1D (Chychrun) or a top 6 forward with game breaking offensive abilities like Drouin (his style of ultra-skill but nothing else fits well in this brunt-filled team of plodding mammoths) Horvath (very high-end two way center, easily a 1C on this team)

Or even oldie but goldie Patrick Kane for the lolz of becoming a graveyeard for the best offensive players of 06-16. Imagine Patrick Kane feeding Ovi on the PP. But yeah, more senior citizens isn't what we need.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
About watching you play thought police and insisting that everyone you're tired of hearing from just doesn't "get" enough of what's happening, or whatever this bullshit is:

when you do more proactive crying about the crying than anyone else? You think you're contributing to some kind of positive board experience when you say other people are "nitpicking about offensive substance" or the coaching and then recognize in the same day that the Capitals have dogshit shot volume and consistently lack the ability to gain the interior in the offensive zone? Why do you get to pick who has something to say and who is just crying like a baby?

Maybe these long time posters should fight their own battles instead of letting you be the arbiter of change on this one? Your approach right now is to invalidate a bunch of people because you disapprove of the quality of the discourse, which is... a bad way to get any discourse.

What crawled up your ass and died, bud?

You've been picking fights with other posters around here, too.

I'm not the one constantly gloom and dooming this team every single day. If I note the team needs to go to the net and shoot more, and I back it up with cites from other source and stats, that's not even close to the same thing as rambling about vague inadequacies or whining every single day about CMM. Especially when I'm contextualizing it as a small improvement during praise of their being 2pts from to the top of the division following heroic performances with 40% of the salary cap on IR.

You're smart enough to know this. Or I thought you were. At some point you just turned into an internet "gotcha" poster and I'm not sure why.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
As if saying "we have the talent to play at the highest level if we do X and just put in the effort" is the same as constantly rambling about fundamental institutional systemic deficiencies, and lamenting endlessly that a group of seasoned professionals at every level somehow lack even the basics needed to do their jobs.

It's just hand-wringing and should be treated as such.

That's not "thought police" that's critique and commentary that's equally valid as all this shit about Lavi hating kids or anything else.

And by the way, has anyone ever proven this theory about Lavi ruining prospects or hating young players? This was supposedly a gripe in Nashville and I'm not sure what they're talking about. Fill me in. Because if we're talking about Forsberg he did pretty damn well and got plenty of minutes under Lavi. Who are we referring to here? Is this a real thing or have people just had the seed planted in their heads and now they assume that's the case?

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
As if saying "we have the talent to play at the highest level if we do X and just put in the effort" is the same as constantly rambling about fundamental institutional systemic deficiencies, and lamenting endlessly that a group of seasoned professionals at every level somehow lack even the basics needed to do their jobs.

That's not "thought police" that's critique and commentary that's equally valid as all this shit about Lavi hating kids or anything else.

And by the way, has anyone ever proven this theory about Lavi ruining prospects or hating young players? This was supposedly a gripe in Nashville and I'm not sure what they're talking about. Fill me in. Because if we're talking about Forsberg he did pretty damn well and got plenty of minutes under Lavi. Who are we referring to here? Is this a real thing or have people just had the seed planted in their heads and now they assume that's the case?
The only one that really comes to mind from Nashville is Fiala. I think they had a big problem with how he was handled by Lavi.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I thought the Caps played well and nothing to complain about. They played back to back against two of the three best in the NHL at the moment and did well, imho. I was so angry when it appeared Hathaway was hurt.

Looking forward to Milano playing. Hoping he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Guy has some talent.
Me too because he's on the verge of being a highly touted prospect to flop. That can be a real motivator when your back is against the wall.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
What crawled up your ass and died, bud?

You've been picking fights with other posters around here, too.

I'm not the one constantly gloom and dooming this team every single day. If I note the team needs to go to the net and shoot more, and I back it up with cites from other source and stats, that's not even close to the same thing as rambling about vague inadequacies or whining every single day about CMM. Especially when I'm contextualizing it as a small improvement during praise of their being 2pts from to the top of the division following heroic performances with 40% of the salary cap on IR.

You're smart enough to know this. Or I thought you were. At some point you just turned into an internet "gotcha" poster and I'm not sure why.
yes,yes, you had a much better quality post, and if you remember to MLA format your sources it might be worth the extra credit. It's definitely more engaging to read than the complaining about complaining and devaluing like a dozen other people who haven't just shut up and accepted something you don't care about, or have more patience for, or whatever the case may be. Definitely, 100% doesn't let you keep up the "oh here comes all the whining" act for the last month and then act like everyone else is dragging things down. Engage with it or don't.

Weird because that's a group of posters whose depth of content ranges from one sentence answers to Langway's well reasoned 1-2 paragraphs saying a very similar thing so is the problem the quality of the content or the message for you?

Fiala was easily the most recent and obvious, the relationship frustrated fans for like 2 seasons in Nashville, and then he blossomed elsewhere almost instantly. Forsberg arguably plateaued and then began regressing, seemed like he would never take that next step, and then blew his career high out of the water last year in goals and points.

It would be a real thing even just based on his tenure here. You think it's just, like, community gaslighting? That this dude's contract is almost expired and we're still just running off hearsay?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad