Vegas is here to watch you burn down their village.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
A good example of how important a good start is, the fact that Vegas is still a playoff team.... at the moment at least.

If you take away the first 12 games of the season, Vegas has something like the 24th best record. They have a great game every now then, but this team has been trainwreck for most the seasons.... Injuries don't help, but it's alot more than that.

Vegas seems more likely to repeat 21/22 than 22/23 at this stage.

Just admit it….. we see past this charade.

You want the Canucks in round one. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: VivaLasVegas

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Right now it looks like they will make it. St.Louis and Calgary seem to be the main candidates but the rumors are that they will sell off key pieces. Minnesota has cooled. Vegas is slumping but they will like add a player or two and that should stop the bleeding. They have a points advantage of course. It's hard to make up 6 points in 20 games
Yeah but the more Calgary sells off the more they seem to win :laugh:

Reactions: Mr Positive

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Just a brief Stanley Cup hangover after treating breaking Edmonton's streak like it was game 7.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
It's more or less the same team from last year is it not?

I think they're playing possum, having a the mid season blues. They played the Oilers to end the win streak like the Stanley cup was on the line and were just fine. If anything Vegas's only weakness is their game requires a holy f*** ton of motivated buy in to be effective. But honestly can say that about every team for the most part. Vegas fans have been spoiled watching one of the most motivated group of players night in and night out. Ahh the power of a tax free destination city. Where mid season blues are a rare anomaly. I am envious.

Reactions: Connor McConnor

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
midseason blues? If midseason blues can last half the season, then yes maybe it’s just that
Yeah aside from the first 12 games when we were on a tear we have would be like 24th. Since the All star break it got even worse, only 4 teams have worse records. There have been great games here and there but the team has struggled to string anything together since November.

Reactions: hn777

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Edmonton struggled in some other games after the break too. Playing them after the break was definitely lucky timing.

It's more or less the same team from last year is it not?
I would say it’s not because of all the injuries. Last years team was healthier.

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Worst Cup winner since Carolina???????
The Kings won the cup with 95 points and not too long ago the Blues won the cup with 99 points in the regular season. Carolina had 112 when they won. That's if you're talking about regular season performance. They are far from the worst regular season team to win the cup.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Injuries have been a killer and our defense core has really regressed, especially Alec Martinez. Even with Eichel back, they have an entire line of AHLers.

They will add at the deadline, get hot enough to hold onto 3rd place and whatever happens in the playoffs will happen.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
As long as they don’t miss nobody wants to play them. I’d much rather a rematch with LA than Vegas in R1
Yup maybe because we see them more were more aware but they still terrify me. They know how to win and have been ravished with injuries to their best players.
As a nucks fan everytime we play the oilers, I get a nervous pukey feeling when you guys have a pp or #97 is on the ice. I pretty much get that feeling everytime we play Vegas. #97 can literally will victory and Vegas has a knack of winning when they need to and when fully healthy they can just roll four lines and come in wave after wave.
I'm with you, kings are the team from the Pacific that I hope to play.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3