Speculation: "Vegas has at least 6 trades lined up.."

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Notice how the only team mentioned in the article (Maple Leafs) don't have a deal with Vegas yet. Yet we *know* that NYI, Columbus, etc do have a deal. NHL doing everything possible to not let the cat out of the bag and create some drama for tomorrow...

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Notice how the only team mentioned in the article (Maple Leafs) don't have a deal with Vegas yet. Yet we *know* that NYI, Columbus, etc do have a deal. NHL doing everything possible to not let the cat out of the bag and create some drama for tomorrow...

I think it's more that they want tomorrow to be a huge show and an explosively exciting day for the league and Vegas.

How many TDL and FA days are ruined/impacted by early trades and signing rumors?

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Wait.....I read all day yesterday on different threads that GMGM has no deals set. He must be a miracle worker to get at least 6 deals done overnight.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wait.....I read all day yesterday on different threads that GMGM has no deals set. He must be a miracle worker to get at least 6 deals done overnight.

I wonder if he meant they weren't submitted to the league yet.

Though on the other hand they did say they would let every team in the league make a trade pitch before they made their selections and based on Foley's quotes it seems they've got their deals and selections in place barring last minute trade offers. Who knows when these agreements were reached?

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Assuming thats teams wanting to protect players, then surely they will get ~4-6 first rounders plus their own in this draft.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I saw something that said they had picks as far out as 2020 being offered already. It is not verified at all though.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Something tells me Methot gets flipped to the leafs and ottawa sports radio becomes must listen right after. :laugh:

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
It's really crazy to me how good they are going to be in a short amount of time. They are going to be really good in about 3 years. REALLY good.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think Thursday is going to be more exciting. I'm expecting to see a lot of flip deals being made for Vegas to better utilizes maximum assets and get a bright prospect future.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Assuming thats teams wanting to protect players, then surely they will get ~4-6 first rounders plus their own in this draft.

Vegas is going to be absolutely loaded with draft picks for the foreseeable future. I'm interested to see if they attempt to put together a team that can make some noise for the next couple of seasons or are perfectly content with stockpiling draft picks and prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad