GDT: Vegas Golden Knights @ Los Angeles Kings | 7:00PM |

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Martinez is a warrior, would like to keep him if the cap hit makes sense. Even if he wants a two year deal.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Feels like the doldrums coming on. Good time to have MAF regress a bit, maybe let Lehner take on Minny both games.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
After his next goal is he going to take off one of his gloves and flip the bird at the camera to tell the team what he thinks of playing with the ponies?

Eh - we know he has lots of talent I just think he does everything too slow at the NHL level.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Petersen has had a good game, to be fair. But we can't wait until we are down by a few goals to play with more intensity.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Minnesota is going to smoke us like a brisket if we come out with an effort like this.

Minnesota losing to Sharks, last I looked. Maybe we will play them well - send a statement since I'm not sure we won't play them in the first round.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Games like this lead to panicked moves. I'm a lot less worried about our defense than the offense. Way too many passengers:

Tuch - no goals in 8 games
Roy - o goals in 20 games
Smith - 1 goal in 11 games
Marchessault - 402,437 missed shots (jk)
Reaves - 1 goal all season
Karlsson - 2 goals in 12 games

Is it the players, or the system???

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Games like this lead to panicked moves. I'm a lot less worried about our defense than the offense. Way too many passengers:

Tuch - no goals in 8 games
Roy - o goals in 20 games
Smith - 1 goal in 11 games
Marchessault - 402,437 missed shots (jk)
Reaves - 1 goal all season
Karlsson - 2 goals in 12 games

Is it the players, or the system???
Though they weren't spectacular tonight, I'm okay with the Karlsson line not scoring as long as they continue to get puck possession and hold it until Marchy makes his trademark ill-advised shot with no one in position for a rebound.

I was so high on Roy, not feeling it any more. My bigger concern with Reaves is that he seems to have semi retired from hitting. If he isn't hitting, he is a waste of ice time.

And Kolesar.....look, if you are going to have two tough guys and neither are scorers, best waive or trade one and replace that ice time with someone who is a scoring threat. I dont care which.

Tuch is playing his heart out but isn't being put in a position to succeed.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Though they weren't spectacular tonight, I'm okay with the Karlsson line not scoring as long as they continue to get puck possession and hold it until Marchy makes his trademark ill-advised shot with no one in position for a rebound.

I was so high on Roy, not feeling it any more. My bigger concern with Reaves is that he seems to have semi retired from hitting. If he isn't hitting, he is a waste of ice time.

And Kolesar.....look, if you are going to have two tough guys and neither are scorers, best waive or trade one and replace that ice time with someone who is a scoring threat. I dont care which.

Agree with most of this - in the Colorado game (the one we won) the Karlsson line completely shut down the MacKinnon line, which is why we won. But Tuch needs to develop some moves. And I forgot to mention that Stephenson has no goals in 11. We really need his speed, and he meshes well with Stone and Patches, but he has hands of stone. Wouldn't be a problem, except we have so many big, slow guys who can't score. Just don't understand the Koleslaw love, though, if they waive him and he's claimed, so what?

Reaves needs to retire and become a VGK goodwill ambassador.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Kolesar and Roy are fourth liners and should stay on that line. I though we could look at Nosek with Glass and Tuch. He's shown jump but they haven't put those three together.

The Karlsson line does worry me. With Marchessault often choosing bad shots or bad passes, Smith having a down year and Karlsson being almost completely passive offensively most of the time, I think it could bite us as one of our top lines in a playoff series, especially considering we don't really have depth scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad