GDT: Vegas Golden Knights Host Defending Cup Champ St. Louis Blues: Ep. 59 of Backing Into the Playoffs

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Nice comeback win! Marchy does it again. Hope Tuch injury isn't as bad as it looks.
Looked bad, hope not season-ending.

OTOH, Blues are first in west and we got 2 points while Yotes lost in regulation to Ottawa. Can't go far with this defense and goaltending.

But Holden is passable if paired with Theodore - with Engo he's a disaster.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Or maybe PDB needs to stop riding Fleury so hard?

At this point, i don't trust either of our goaltenders.

Fleury is having a really bad streak of games right now and Subban is Subban.

I mean i am all good with sitting Fleury for some time, but only if the Knights had a good backback.

This is something the Knights need to look into in the offseason.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
I’m sure SinBin sports doc will pull a gif up on his iphone of Tuch and send it through an MRI machine and we should have an excellent prognosis regarding his fibula diagnostics.

Of course with an in-depth calculations regarding timeframe, rehab recommendations and breaking down the injury frame by frame through expert analysis.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Caught the game in stages. Watched the first before I took the GF out for an early Valentines dinner. Watched the rest on the DVR after we got home with no indication of who won. Why the hell can we play so determined against the SC champs, but we lay an egg against the dregs of the Western Conference. Extremely maddening.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Caught the game in stages. Watched the first before I took the GF out for an early Valentines dinner. Watched the rest on the DVR after we got home with no indication of who won. Why the hell can we play so determined against the SC champs, but we lay an egg against the dregs of the Western Conference. Extremely maddening.
I just liked last game old Sin Bin was like I still don't believe there is an effort problem.... Like seriously are you listening on radio... in Spanish even though you don't understand it? It's not even like it was a once of.... it is a fairly regular occurrence.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The team caught the Blues at a great time. They have lost 8 of the last 10 games and have given up a surprising number of goals in those games.

If the Avalanche didn’t blow a 2-0 lead and lose, the teams would be tied in the standings.

But yes, the team still fought a lot harder in this game.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
OT comeback win against the Blues

FXAnLq1.jpg

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The team caught the Blues at a great time. They have lost 8 of the last 10 games and have given up a surprising number of goals in those games.

If the Avalanche didn’t blow a 2-0 lead and lose, the teams would be tied in the standings.

But yes, the team still fought a lot harder in this game.
Actually caught them at a bad time during that stretch, considering they were very driven emotionally by what happened in the Ducks game, and wanted to get a W for Bouw.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Having watched the game back again on DVR last night when we got home from, well, the game, refs could probably have called three times the penalties they did against StL. Everywhere we turned, they held, interfered, crosschecked. I thought we were playing the Sharks. And Blues players whined and moaned everytime they were caught in an infraction.

I hope Tuch isn't as bad as it looked.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Having watched the game back again on DVR last night when we got home from, well, the game, refs could probably have called three times the penalties they did against StL. Everywhere we turned, they held, interfered, crosschecked. I thought we were playing the Sharks. And Blues players whined and moaned everytime they were caught in an infraction.

I hope Tuch isn't as bad as it looked.

If this were 2006-2014, it would be a hell of a WCF preview. Watch out, Blackhawks & Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad