GDT: Vegas Golden Knights Host Defending Cup Champ St. Louis Blues: Ep. 59 of Backing Into the Playoffs

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
St. Louis' defense looks pretty spotty but then again so does ours. But at least St. Louis has a good excuse.

Spotty?? Can't have Holden and Engellend together. Awful and McNabb is slow as molasses too

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Spotty?? Can't have Holden and Engellend together. Awful and McNabb is slow as molasses too
McNabb isn't as much of a liability as Merrill, Holden, and Engo though.

I believe our defense will improve once Whitecloud, Hague, and Coghlan really put it together and Theodore is only getting better. But right no we've got two good defensemen, one passable one, two inconsistent youths, and three veterans who range from acceptable to disasters on a nightly basis.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So... what’s our defensive strategy, scramble around until we leave someone wide open and then hope for the best?

If your name is Engelland the strategy is to forget that roughing up a guy on the far wall with no hope of scoring is more important than clogging up shooting and passing lanes in the slot. Peewees are aware of this but not him apparently.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If your name is Engelland the strategy is to forget that roughing up a guy on the far wall with no hope of scoring is more important than clogging up shooting and passing lanes in the slot. Peewees are aware of this but not him apparently.
Imagine being PDB, thinking Engo earned a shot to prove he can compete for the spot and then having Engo play like Engo.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fun fact: PBS have 3 SOG, all high danger.

That line has been flying all night.

Engo took a big hit from Schenn, I think an errant pass from Holden behind the net and he got caught on the boards, and seemed shook for a second but I think he's fine.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
NGL I'm pretty sick of Tuch. For all his talent and physical gifts he just doesn't contribute much and that goal against comes of a downey soft turnover.

Tuch has been beyond disappointing. Sending Hague down was a mistake. Engo, Merrill, Holden aren't cutting it. Whitecloud should be playing over Engo as well.

I'm not sure this team makes the playoffs at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad