Vegas Golden Knights are your 2017-18 Western Conference Champions

DirtyDutchDiggler

May 17, 2018
Plain and simple reason for our success as an expansion:

"We are BATTLE BORN!!!! We came out of the NHL's vaginal canal ready to fight till the end. NO QUIT, NO SURRENDER!!!!

GO KNIGHTS GO

Reactions: MordredGK

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Congratulations. There’s nothing like the power of a team that collectively was left behind and unprotected. The whole league is eating crow. Go get 4 more and put a bow on this.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Great that you made the finals. Good luck against whomever you play.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
and the ride has not stopped since the announcement that this franchise was green-lighted

Portland fans know well the feeling of having your franchise go from total unknown to champion of the league in a single year

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Too fast. Too relentless. Too tenacious. Too sweet.

I don't know if I want Washington to push their series to 7 or not. I guess I'll worry about that tomorrow. I'd have to say this is a good day.

Is that even a thought? Why wouldn't you want the other team (whichever one it is) to be forced to play 7?

I feel like we saw the Jets come out ready as they had played R3G7 just 2 nights before WCF Game 1, but I believe the fatigue had a negative impact on them that we saw as the WCF wore on.

I'm rooting for the Caps in 7, personally!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Is that even a thought? Why wouldn't you want the other team (whichever one it is) to be forced to play 7?

I feel like we saw the Jets come out ready as they had played R3G7 just 2 nights before WCF Game 1, but I believe the fatigue had a negative impact on them that we saw as the WCF wore on.

I'm rooting for the Caps in 7, personally!

Because historically the NHL has scheduled the finals at least a week after the last conference final game. I don't want them to make me wait until Wed.

Bring on a fresh Tampa team. Their best vs our best. Game on

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
From a Bruins fan, congrats. I'm just happy Vegas picked the right sport. You'd have to pay me to see an NFL game in person, and I live in Massachusetts. Looks like Malcolm will get a ring before P.K.(who I assume will be on hand and tearing up the Strip in the process).

The Boston Globe Sunday hockey notes, which I recommend for any hockey fan:

Vegas Golden Knights on the verge of hitting the jackpot - The Boston Globe

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma

Don't you know that this is horrible for the sport of hockey? We were supposed to take our lumps for a few years, get high draft picks, and suffer tears of misery before we are allowed to feast at the Table of the Playoff Gods! Much less, be allowed to have the possibility of a taste of the Sacrificial Lamb, a.k.a. the Stanley Cup!

Now, back to the Dungeon with you! Until you have properly begged for Emperor Bettman's mercy! Peasant! :win:

Reactions: ChanceVegas

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Because historically the NHL has scheduled the finals at least a week after the last conference final game. I don't want them to make me wait until Wed.

Fair enough.

I haven't looked up the dates from prior years to verify, but my memory was that there was not a full week of rest between the last game of either ECF and the first of the SCF. Maybe I'll look that up in a bit.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017

OK, so I went back to the last 10 years, and it was interesting. During that time, the gap between last conference final game and SCG Game 1 was:

* A week: Never
* 3 days: Twice ('09, '14)
* 4 days: 4x ('13, '15, '16, '17)
* 5 days: 4x ('08, '10, '11, '12)

To me, that suggests @LadyStanley's comments may have nailed it.

a. TBL close out the series tonight = Game 1 as early as Thursday, but Friday or Saturday more likely (3, 4 or 5 days).
b. TBL in 7 = Game 1 @ Amalie on Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
c. WSH in 7 = Game 1 @ T-Mobile on Sunday or Monday.

Could they do 2 days of rest and make it Friday/Monday @ T-Mobile (may be best for ticket sales)? Sure, but it hasn't happened in the last 10 years.

Seems unlikely that if TBL wins tonight Game 1 would be delayed 7 days until Monday, Memorial Day.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
From a Bruins fan, congrats. I'm just happy Vegas picked the right sport. You'd have to pay me to see an NFL game in person, and I live in Massachusetts. Looks like Malcolm will get a ring before P.K.(who I assume will be on hand and tearing up the Strip in the process).

The Boston Globe Sunday hockey notes, which I recommend for any hockey fan:

Vegas Golden Knights on the verge of hitting the jackpot - The Boston Globe
Best line: "Cast-offs from the Original 30..."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad