Pre-Game Talk: Vegas Expansion draft talk (FLA protects: 11-16-21-27/3-5-6-13/34)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Maybe they were worried about signing Marchy long term. If he has anywhere near a decent season someone will pay him 4-5 million a year when he hits UFA.

If you have to lose a guy to LV might as well lose someone who you'll lose anyway in a year.

:dunno:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Maybe they were worried about signing Marchy long term. If he has anywhere near a decent season someone will pay him 4-5 million a year when he hits UFA.

If you have to lose a guy to LV might as well lose someone who you'll lose anyway in a year.

No no, cuz we can still go on a deep run with him, and having a 30g capable guy on the 2nd or better 3rd line while we can pay to stack the other lines with at least similar producers?

Ottarr

Nov 30, 2016
L.A. Lariviere‏ @L_A_theRiver

I'm hearing the Coyotes' financial situation is dire. They'll need dead money to get to the cap floor. No money for Doan. Absurd. #Yotes

We have a big center who would be perfect for you........:handclap::handclap:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

It would suck if that was the reasoning. Wouldn't they rather have a problem of too many productive players at the end of the year when playoffs are done than too few and no playoffs? Even if it was transient for one or two players? Happens all the time.

I'm still guessing that there's more to it. The fact that they didn't protect March almost screams of a deal at some level.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
March is not good enough defensively to play the third line.

Yeah I'd rather he be on the 2nd, but then again, if we have a couple extra defensive minded guys with em, might be a better idea after all. Who would he match up against on the other team?

Suppose we got Jagr staying with his 2 kids on line1 (or line2, whatever), Kovalchuk and Dads incoming, Marchessault stays, and suddenly we have a team of guys that can put it away.

I've never hit refresh so much in one day in my life.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yeah I'd rather he be on the 2nd, but then again, if we have a couple extra defensive minded guys with em, might be a better idea after all. Who would he match up against on the other team?

He is good enough for the 2nd line no doubt, but he is not Hubs and didnt seem to click with Tro.

ebulldog

Mar 25, 2015
Hello again old friend Dadanov

From TSN..
Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times reports Russian prospect Nikita Gusev could be headed to Vegas in a trade. The Knights are reported to be in talks with Gusev's SKA linemate Evgeny Dadonov to join the team and already have the line's centre under contract. Gusev has one more year on his KHL contract.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He is good enough for the 2nd line no doubt, but he is not Hubs and didnt seem to click with Tro.

Of course, it's why we're going nuts over losing him in the first place!

So, yeah, we could have 3 balanced scoring lines. Sucked for the Pens last year.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
No no, cuz we can still go on a deep run with him, and having a 30g capable guy on the 2nd or better 3rd line while we can pay to stack the other lines with at least similar producers?

I don't think they are thinking going on a deep run yet, especially after what happened last year.

It would suck if that was the reasoning. Wouldn't they rather have a problem of too many productive players at the end of the year when playoffs are done than too few and no playoffs? Even if it was transient for one or two players? Happens all the time.

I'm still guessing that there's more to it. The fact that they didn't protect March almost screams of a deal at some level.

It would suck to lose him but at the end of the day, he doesn't have a track record and may score 15 this year. And this team's playoff hopes can't be tied to whether or not Marchy is on the team or we're in big trouble.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I don't think they are thinking going on a deep run yet, especially after what happened last year.

It would suck to lose him but at the end of the day, he doesn't have a track record and may score 15 this year. And this team's playoff hopes can't be tied to whether or not Marchy is on the team or we're in big trouble.

You can't judge by the year before, because the year before last, I was confident that the team we had could've scrapped by anybody but the refs. 15 goals for 750k is absolutely fantastic, and wait, before we even say that we must consider why the drop off? Cuz he sucked/no effort? Snakebit like Frolik and Howden? Was he injured? Bad line mates?

Not good enough to score 30 is no longer an excuse. That said, makes him worth more the risk than those who actually haven't proven as much.

Don't any of us ever again make the mistake of thinking ANY team couldn't go on a deep playoff run. Chemistry is still everything, it's the reasoning behind the advanced stats. Pittsburgh's top line is not Malkin-Crosby-Kessel LOL

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
This is very difficult for me, because I am able to see both sides of the argument clearly, But I am going to definitely say that I have low expectation for Bjustad, I was one of his biggest fans but this guy has really fall hard, putting injuries aside, he is very inconsistent,
he has the ability to disappear during games, I wondered sometimes if he was even playing. unlike Smith, even if he is not scoring, he still contributes and he has a lot of sand paper in his game.

Losing March is a gut wrenching decision but I think their decision was more based on giving themselves some room to make decisions at draft time, I still don't like it loosing him, I wonder why didn't they try trading him if the outcome was to letting him go.

I think he could put up respectable numbers next season maybe not 30 but 18-22, it is still a great number for him, I liked his game and he didn't mind getting tangled up wit the big guys. I will missing if he goes.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
This is very difficult for me, because I am able to see both sides of the argument clearly, But I am going to definitely say that I have low expectation for Bjustad, I was one of his biggest fans but this guy has really fall hard, putting injuries aside, he is very inconsistent,
he has the ability to disappear during games, I wondered sometimes if he was even playing. unlike Smith, even if he is not scoring, he still contributes and he has a lot of sand paper in his game.

Losing March is a gut wrenching decision but I think their decision was more based on giving themselves some room to make decisions at draft time, I still don't like it loosing him, I wonder why didn't they try trading him if the outcome was to letting him go.

I think he could put up respectable numbers next season maybe not 30 but 18-22, it is still a great number for him, I liked his game and he didn't mind getting tangled up wit the big guys. I will missing if he goes.

How can you put injuries aside when it is the sole reason behind what's to follow? Nicky is a steal at his contract. He's a hurt pup. Nothing to bash.

If I'm going to scream in a pro hockey player's ear and call him a ***** (I don't care what he'd ever say, no way he didn't hear me thru the hole in the glass, like as far as I am from my computer screen) and he stands there and ACTS like he can't hear me, I'll assume he's not 100% healthy. I sure don't think he's actually a *****, I'd never wear his #27 t-shirt around town like I do, let alone worthy of the number in the first place LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
2m
Hearing that VGK have selected Marc Methot in the expansion draft... whether or not he gets flipped over the next few days...

Please come on down.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Marchessault is not the #FlaPanthers player going to #GoldenKnights. If he is, it's news to him (which would be surprising). #ExpansionDraft

— L.A. Lariviere (@L_A_theRiver) June 21, 2017

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
2m
Hearing that VGK have selected Marc Methot in the expansion draft... whether or not he gets flipped over the next few days...

Please come on down.

Methot is really solid and has some nastiness. He'd be a great add.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
L.A. Lariviere‏ @L_A_theRiver · 7m7 minutes ago

#FlaPanthers update : our reporter Stephane Turcot has talked to Marchessault. Says he wasn't contacted by #GoldenKnights or Panthers. 1/2

L.A. Lariviere‏ @L_A_theRiver · 7m7 minutes ago

2/2 if Marchessault has been claimed at this stage, it's news to him. Clarification.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Jimmy Murphy‏Verified account @MurphysLaw74 · 6m6 minutes ago

Keep hearing chatter #flapanthers D Jason Demers may be available. Would have to think #Habs are interested in Dorval, QC native if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad