Pre-Game Talk: Vegas Expansion draft talk (FLA protects: 11-16-21-27/3-5-6-13/34)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
All sorts of news today:

Clarkson to LVK for a 1st and a prospect

Also Fleury waives NTC,

Phaneuf asked to waive.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm surprised Fleury agreed to waive his NMC, thought he'd rather get traded somewhere else than end up in Vegas. Obviously there's still a chance that he might get traded, but the goalie market has decreased since the regular season ended. Calgary needs a goalie, Philly maybe, Buffalo another maybe and then there's Vegas.

friday morning the list is made official but I'm sure names will start leaking out later this week
We don't have any big names to expose, so I doubt it.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I'm surprised Fleury agreed to waive his NMC, thought he'd rather get traded somewhere else than end up in Vegas. Obviously there's still a chance that he might get traded, but the goalie market has decreased since the regular season ended. Calgary needs a goalie, Philly maybe, Buffalo another maybe and then there's Vegas.

We don't have any big names to expose, so I doubt it.

Which defenseman we expose will be noteworthy so I would guess that decision gets a little publicity

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Fleury waiving the NMC also allows him to be traded.

Much to be decided yet. They are saying Calgary is the front runner on MAF.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Which defenseman we expose will be noteworthy so I would guess that decision gets a little publicity
A lot bigger fish out there from other teams, that's all I'm saying.

Demers will be exposed.
Possibly, but it would be really akward to get rid of him a year after he took a discount to sign here. I mean, I don't like him (as a player) at all, but it could come back to haunt us with future UFAs.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Possibly, but it would be really akward to get rid of him a year after he took a discount to sign here. I mean, I don't like him (as a player) at all, but it could come back to haunt us with future UFAs.

Don't think whatever happens with Demers will effect future UFA's. Last off-season+season gong show did enough damage to our little respect we had earned.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Unless they acquire another Dman that qualifues to be exposed with the games requirement and move out Demers in a seperate move. They must expose him to meet the requirements.

Not an if, or maybe situation, that is what will happen without an acquisition.

Gonna be a wild two weeks.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I think many are not factoring in that 30 teams can make a deal with Vegas for them to select a player they are interested in making a trade for.

Its not as simple as just what does LV want.

Gonna be many trade scenarios playing out. Not just protection deals.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Florida was going to try to buyout/screw over a respected player (in the league) with a career ending injury, and it didn't effect bringing in players. I think players just follow the money.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Lebrun saying it's possible James Neal gets exposed. I would love to trade for him. Exactly the type of player we need in our top 6.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
bottom line is that they need to trade for a forward. it will be a complete waste if that 7th protection slot goes to jokinen/sceviour

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

Yes and no to the two above.

From league standpoint : we are mid major at BEST
From fans standpoint in North America: a little small dot on everyone's radar
From agents/management: IF Demers is exposed which they 110% should do will not be looked upon poorly. This year is exception to rule with Vegas. It's not a normal expose your newly signed player year. Plus, it's a business. The job done by Assistant GMs should be frowned upon, not exposing a SEVERLY underwhelming Dmen who cashed in big time.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Lebrun saying it's possible James Neal gets exposed. I would love to trade for him. Exactly the type of player we need in our top 6.

Please make this happen.

bottom line is that they need to trade for a forward. it will be a complete waste if that 7th protection slot goes to jokinen/sceviour

Great point Beez. I told my friend the 7th protection spot is between those two guys /Bjugstad if he's not dealt which he's Tallon kid so probably would not be dealt.

Neal: what do they want ? Simply picks or forward prospect not in our top 2-4 names?? I wanted him prior to his last team or two. They surely don't want Demers not a fit for them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad